Erroneous dividend transaction changes to stock split when I enter it.

genoajoe146
genoajoe146 Member ✭✭
I have an erroneous dividend transaction which Quicken will not let me correct.
When I correct it, the transaction reverts to a stock split. I cannot delete it or enter a corrected transaction. How can I correct it?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I have an erroneous dividend transaction which Quicken will not let me correct.
    When I correct it, the transaction reverts to a stock split. I cannot delete it or enter a corrected transaction. How can I correct it?
    Hello @genoajoe146

I am sorry to hear about this problem with transactions changing inexplicably upon entry. Thank you for communicating to the Quicken Community about this matter.

When did this issue begin? If a backup saved just prior to the emergence of this behavior is available, try restoring from this by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Be sure to save backups frequently by going into the same menu and selecting Copy or Backup File... as backups will be necessary in scenarios such as these, both for troubleshooting and for preserving your data. I am interested to hear about whether or not the behavior persists in a restored backup.

Additionally, where is your current active data file located, and what version of Quicken are you using at the moment? You can check the location of your data file by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu previously mentioned, and you can confirm your version by navigating to Help > About Quicken... 

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, should you have the chance to check back in with us once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23
    What stock, and why will Q not let you correct/change that transaction?  What happens?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • genoajoe146
    genoajoe146 Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Deluxe version R39.23, Build 27.1.39.23 on Windows 10 Home. OS build 19043.1586. The security was Fidelity Select Software and Computer. The transaction ocurred in 1996.
    I tried to fix it by editing the entry, changing it to Div instead of stock split. When I clicked done,
    it reverted to "stock split" with the attendant miscalculation of the result.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What do your brokerage statements show as the action that actually happened?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • genoajoe146
    genoajoe146 Member ✭✭
    Brokerage statements show a reinvestment of stock.
This discussion has been closed.