QWIN - "PayPal (retired)" [Edited]

Not getting any errors, just wondering what retired means after PayPal

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this, though we apologize for any inconvenience.

We are looking further into this matter. Meanwhile, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files and (if possible) screenshots attached.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

The more problem reports we receive, the better! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you restore a Backup File?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R40.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19044.1706                   
                       Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19044-1706 Lost Windows 11.
                      also  Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19044.1645
    View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭
    No I did not restore a backup file.

Under account details for PayPal, the Financial institution: PayPal (retired).

My other 18 accounts still show the same name as before, no (retired) after the Financial institution name.
  • D.Michaud
    D.Michaud Member ✭✭
    In my Paypal account, I am now getting a "PayPal (retired)" status or label appearing in the account profile. The downloads still appear to be working, but for how long? I tried to re-create the account and do a "transaction move" into the new account in case something was corrupted, but when I go to create a new online account, even in the automatic account creation process, Quicken has Paypal marked as "retired". What is going on? Is Quicken no longer supporting Paypal downloads?.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    Same issue here this morning. And same questions.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 24
    Add me to the list.

If you navigate to Tools>Add Account and type PayPal, you will see that PayPal (retired) is the only non-credit card PayPal account available to add.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this, though we apologize for any inconvenience.

We are looking further into this matter. Meanwhile, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files and (if possible) screenshots attached.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

-Quicken Anja
  • George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭
    I can't access paypal (retired) now. The same credentials work on the website. What gives Quicken? Any solution?
  • Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭
    Seeing the same here.  However downloads are still working, I even get the 2FA prompt.  When Schwab converted to Express Web Connect+ something similar happened with them a week or so before the change.  So I wonder if the same is going to happen to Paypal.  Hopefully doesn't cause as big of a mess this time.
  • donth
    donth Member
    I was able to get my PayPal Mastercard working by resetting the account, but it only allowed the MC to be linked, not the PayPal account. I then deactivated online from the PayPal account & readded it. That time, it only allowed me to link PayPal, not the MC. MC has updated, and PayPal shows it did, but I don't have any recent transactions to verify.
  • Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Same thing. Took over 20 minutes to send the problem report.
  • branquick
    branquick Member ✭✭
    Still seeing PayPal (retired) under account details for PayPal, but downloaded transactions with no errors.
  • ABBA WISE
    ABBA WISE Member
    Add me to the list of folks seeing this
  • markus1957
    Hello, 

Why don't you just look at the PayPal listing in Tools>Add Account to confirm the behavior? Sending a problem report for an issue that can be easily verified is pointless.  You have the ability to confirm the behavior and issue a problem ticket.

Actually though, it's not a problem. This is obviously an Intuit transition step for PayPal being moved to a different transaction download platform. I'm sure there's a memo from Intuit floating about somewhere that Quicken has neglected to pass on to its users.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 25
    Hello @markus1957,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have indeed been able to verify and see this internally as well, and have informed the proper channels.

However, I have also been specifically instructed to request that anyone and everyone seeing this in the program on both OS platforms submit a problem report in the meantime so our teams can collect enough data to investigate this further.

Hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • markus1957
    edited March 25
    Hello @markus1957,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have indeed been able to verify and see this internally as well, and have informed the proper channels.

However, I have also been specifically instructed to request that anyone and everyone seeing this in the program on both OS platforms submit a problem report in the meantime so our teams can collect enough data to investigate this further.

Hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.
    Not really. Sounds like you are saying there is some bureaucratic number of problem reports that have to be received before the team can acknowledge a problem as a problem. This is happening on both the Windows and Mac side so it is an Intuit issue.

Concurrently with this behavior, Direct Connect accounts no longer appear in the OSU Summary screen after downloading. Also the date and time information of the last download at the top of account registers, no longer appears for Direct Connect accounts.  EWC accounts display the information as they normally do. 
    Adding- Renaming the runtime.dat files in Common and Template folders solved the issue with Direct Connect accounts. New files were created and OSU Summary and Account Registers are now functioning normally.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 25
    Not really. Sounds like you are saying there is some bureaucratic number of problem reports that have to be received before the team can acknowledge a problem as a problem. This is happening on both the Windows and Mac side so it is an Intuit issue.
    The problem has been reported and is being acknowledged. The data requested to be collected is to aid the investigation as we often do with/for open Alert tickets.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > The problem has been reported and is being acknowledged. The data requested to be collected is to aid the investigation as we often do with/for open Alert tickets.
    >
    > Thank you!

@Quicken Anja - maybe I am oversimplifying - but I think all we are asking is "Does this indicate that Quicken is planning to change or discontinue PayPal downloads?"

It isn't a problem per se (unlike the PayPal fee download issue that is erroneously marked as resolved). We just (and I realize I may be speaking only for myself) want to know what does it mean that "retired" is now showing up next to PayPal accounts? If it means that Quicken will no longer download from PayPal, we need a heads up...I think that's all anyone wants to know.
  • Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭
    The "retired" has disappeared.  Would be nice to get an update on whether this means Paypal is going to be moved to EWC+ or if it will no longer be supported.  Obviously something is going on, I suspect someone updated the name early and that is why answers here are so vague.
  • Randy 415
    And now transactions stop coming in....
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭
    edited April 6
    > @Randy 415 said:
    > And now transactions stop coming in....

I had one transfer not download this morning. It was the last one I made yesterday evening and I'm hoping it was an anomaly. Will see what happens today. The paypal download thread is probably a better place to discuss.
  • Randy 415
    Yes, thanks. I had four transfers and a bunch of other transactions not download.  I will try the other thread, if I can find it.
  • R Miller
    R Miller Member
    I'm not seeing "retired," however I was getting an error when trying to use OSU with Paypal Credit. I reset the OSU, and now it wants me to add Paypal as a checking account. It's not a checking account, it's a credit account. If I go ahead and let it add the account (not given the option to link to existing account) it has a whole new name and appears at the top alongside my regular checking account. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.