Crash Report pandemic

I have uninstalled, deleted folders, used mondo patches, gone back to older updates and right now I am unable to open Quicken of any version without crash report. Started with a forced version update. Every backup is affected. I spent an hour on phone with support to no avail. I've spent 9 hours on this ! [Removed - Rant/Solicitation]

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled?

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken

Can you start Quicken by holding down the Control key while clicking the Quicken icon? Quicken should open without a data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • merighen
    merighen Member
    Same problem. Tried opening program with CTRL key. Quicken did open. I tried to open a back-up file. Program asked if I wanted to sync with cloud. I replied no, selected just want to look at file. It tried to load the back-up file and appeared to have worked but then immediately crashed.
  • Jonathan1957
    Jonathan1957 Member ✭✭
    Using CTRL key followed by validate file opened files. But then I update the files, backup the files but next time I go in I get the crash error again. It seems nothing I do makes a difference.
  • Jonathan1957
    Jonathan1957 Member ✭✭
    I've uninstalled Quicken, deleted quicken folder, then tried to create a new file to start all over again... same error.
  • Jonathan1957
    Jonathan1957 Member ✭✭
    CTRL Key > create new file > CRASH I removed norton, uninstalled quicken, deleted quicken folder, reinstalled quicken, tried to make brank new file.... CRASH. What do I do, I am dead in the water.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    CTRL Key > create new file > CRASH I removed norton, uninstalled quicken, deleted quicken folder, reinstalled quicken, tried to make brank new file.... CRASH. What do I do, I am dead in the water.
    Hello @Jonathan1957

I am sorry to hear about this issue with constant program crashes. Thank you for drawing our attention to this problem here on the Quicken Community.

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken support in order to receive the best assistance possible, given these circumstances. They will be able to document the situation more thoroughly, in this case. I am providing a link below with the proper contact information for establishing communications with them:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    @Quicken Jared
    In the OP's other post on this same issue, he mentions that support gave up and could not fix his crashing issue. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910830/crash-on-new-file#latest

Edt:  I see the OP mentions the same thing in this discussion as well. 

Can someone review that support call?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited March 28
    mshiggins said:
    @Quicken Jared
    In the OP's other post on this same issue, he mentions that support gave up and could not fix his crashing issue. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910830/crash-on-new-file#latest

Edt:  I see the OP mentions the same thing in this discussion as well. 

Can someone review that support call?
    Hello @mshiggins,       

Thank you for seeking the best of the other users in the Quicken Community. I am looking over the information related to the case at hand again, per your request. I did not mean to cause any confusion with my earlier reply.

@Jonathan1957,        

It occurs to me that we should check into the location of the current data file you are using. You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, do you know where you installed the Quicken software (i.e. which folder on your computer)?

I hope to continue working with you on this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jonathan1957
    Jonathan1957 Member ✭✭
    Resolved. Not sure how. I reinstalled One drive (no the files were not One drive) and tried about 6 of my backup files and one of them opened without error. Rebuilt Accounts with aid of Customer Support. Did not use the "fix it" button at errors but went back to account and far right gear icon to Edit>Online then deactivate first then rebuild. That is often when errors started in past. Now backups on GDrive AND CDrive. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.