Schedule Updates - Quicken can't find data file

pmarker
pmarker Member ✭✭
I am working to get Schedule Updates so my Quicken automatically updates when I go on vacation and see the changes in my web mobile app on my phone. To do a test I have setup Scheduled Updates to occur 2pm every day. I then close the Quicken App on my Windows machine. When it try's to do the update at 2pm It comes back with an error that says that Quicken can't open up the data file. I looked to see where the file is and when I select File from the Quicken menu it shows the file that it open is at C:\Users\pmark\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken\qdatapaul_20151124. I can see the file when I go into Windows explorer so I know it is not stored up in the cloud. What could be causing this issue?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As accessing a Quicken file in a folder maintained by OneDrive may corrupt the Quicken file, I suggest you access the Quicken file in a folder on the internal drive not being maintained by another process at the same time.

There should be no need to use Schedule Updates when you go on vacation.  If you're using the Quicken Mobile app, the accounts are already being automatically updated.  If you're accessing your desktop remotely from your phone, you may perform the update from the phone.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One note, if you are using Windows sleep mode, be sure to disable before heading off on vacation, or PC access and Q Schedule Update will fail.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    One note, if you are using Windows sleep mode, be sure to disable before heading off on vacation, or PC access and Q Schedule Update will fail.
    We allow Windows to sleep but have enabled Wake-on-LAN (WOL) and restart when power resumes for remote access and wake on timers enabled for scheduled events.

This discussion has been closed.