File Validation

How do I see exactly what transactions & data "File Validation" has changed?

It is infuriating when I run it & it "changes something" w/ no rhyme or reason, & there's no indication of exactly what it even changed.

I've had it jack up split transactions, delete and/or alter scheduled transactions, duplicate some transactions, etc, etc. Should be called "File Data Change Randomizer Function", because that's all it seems to do.

No matter what you call it, it MUST actually tell me what it changed so I wouldn't have to figure it out via a manual re-audit or tracking down a discrepancy when reconciling that didn't exist before running the "Validation" function.

Lastly, before my files are blamed, I've literally started brand new files from scratch twice as I initially thought maybe my previous files were literally corrupted. Each time, tediously entering every account from scratch. Same garbage keeps happening, so it's not my files.

Lastly, Lastly... Before anybody states I should not be running Validation unless I have a problem... That's a mute point... If this Validation function is intended to "validate/fix" potentially corrupted files, the last thing you'd expect it to do is alter your data, ESPECIALLY doing so w/o telling you what it did. Not to mention, the longer you wait to run it, the larger duration & dataset you'd have to scrub to figure out what Quicken jacked up & what you need to re-reconcile against.

Any insight & fixes to this completely useless function would be appreciated, thank you!!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.