QuickPay and CheckPay Payment Shows 'In Progress', Asked to Verify Account

Comments

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 27
    Came across similar issue this morning. Found a quickpay payment that had actually been cleared on 3/14 but continued to show as in progress when clicking status. In Bill & Income settings selected "Review and Repair Payments" which found the cleared but "in progress" payment. Selected to make it manual which eliminated that problem.
    Then attempted to create a check pay payment and found the same issue stated above "Could not initiate payment. The payment account is not verified". I have 3 checking accounts setup in Quicken and all 3 responded with the same error although they all stated they had already been verified (and payments have been made from each on previous occasions). At this point all 3 have been disabled and re-enabled as payment accounts (waiting for the verification process to complete).
    Review and Repair Payment Accounts did not find any errors.
    Validate and repair the database did not find any errors. 

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
    never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    maxwelwp said:
    Came across similar issue this morning. Found a quickpay payment that had actually been cleared on 3/14 but continued to show as in progress when clicking status. In Bill & Income settings selected "Review and Repair Payments" which found the cleared but "in progress" payment. Selected to make it manual which eliminated that problem.
    Then attempted to create a check pay payment and found the same issue stated above "Could not initiate payment. The payment account is not verified". I have 3 checking accounts setup in Quicken and all 3 responded with the same error although they all stated they had already been verified (and payments have been made from each on previous occasions). At this point all 3 have been disabled and re-enabled as payment accounts (waiting for the verification process to complete).
    Review and Repair Payment Accounts did not find any errors.
    Validate and repair the database did not find any errors. 
    Hello @maxwelwp,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with QuickPay and CheckPay in Bill Manager. Thank you for inquiring about these matters here on the Quicken Community. 

Which billers or financial institutions have you noticed this issue with? Have you been prompted by your financial institution for any additional information or verification? If possible, be sure to check your online profile with the biller, bank, credit union, or brokerage for any notices or requests for permission for third-party software, or something similar.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • maxwelwp
    @Jared,
    Thank you for the response.

Affected financial institutions are:
    Discover checking
    CapitalOne 360 checking
    Wings Financial checking

I had not been prompted by any of the institutions above for information. The accounts were initially verified on 12Mar21 and have been fine up to the recent issues identified and no changes have been made to the accounts or online profiles.

As of this morning, both Discover and CapitalOne checking have sent the verification deposits and have been re-verified in Quicken for payments. Waiting for the Wings financial deposits.

Created a Quickpay payment which has been accepted by Quicken
    Created a Check pay payment which has been accepted for payment by Quicken.
    Both payments were initiated using my Discover checking as the payment source.

“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and 
    never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jared
    maxwelwp said:
    @Jared,
    Thank you for the response.

Affected financial institutions are:
    Discover checking
    CapitalOne 360 checking
    Wings Financial checking

I had not been prompted by any of the institutions above for information. The accounts were initially verified on 12Mar21 and have been fine up to the recent issues identified and no changes have been made to the accounts or online profiles.

As of this morning, both Discover and CapitalOne checking have sent the verification deposits and have been re-verified in Quicken for payments. Waiting for the Wings financial deposits.

Created a Quickpay payment which has been accepted by Quicken
    Created a Check pay payment which has been accepted for payment by Quicken.
    Both payments were initiated using my Discover checking as the payment source.

@maxwelwp

Thank you for providing further information and updating me on the situation.

I want to be clear on something: do the QuickPay and CheckPay functions now appear to operating normally with the Discover and CapitalOne accounts? Also, let us know if microdeposits are not being sent from the Wings financial account within 3 days (72 hours) of attempting verification, if you have the chance to follow up with us again in this discussion.

I await the chance to hear more about this situation.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • maxwelwp
    @jared

At this time all accounts appear to be validated and functional again. Thanks for the follow-up.

never stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Jared
    maxwelwp said:
    @jared

At this time all accounts appear to be validated and functional again. Thanks for the follow-up.

Hello @maxwelwp,     

I am happy to hear that the issues with QuickPay appear to have been resolved. Thank you for updating me about the change in circumstances.

I am somewhat unclear; was there an additional comment that you had left that is now missing? Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.