Just purchased Quicken Deluxe and looking to import data from MS Money

Newbie Member
I purchase Quicken Deluxe for Windows subscription with the intent to import data from MS Money which I have been using following the instructions on the Quicken website found here https://www.quicken.com/support/archived-how-do-i-importconvert-my-microsoft-money-work-quicken-windows. I cannot find the File Import menu item described in the instructions. Anyone know where to find this menu item?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Newbie Member
    Answer ✓
    It was not there. I shut down and restarted Quicken and now I have it. Thanks for your help. I guess I was in the initial setup section where that feature was not available.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to create a new Quicken data file. From Quicken --> File --> File Import --> Microsoft Money file...
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
    Newbie Member
    I have a new data file. I cannot see any File Import item under the File menu.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @Newbie Under your FILE menu in Q, do you not have a "File Import" option?  When you click on that does a sub-menu that contains a "Microsoft Money File" option not appear?   And, IIRC, the file that you're importing into needs to be empty.
    Where is the process breaking down?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Newbie Member
    Answer ✓
    It was not there. I shut down and restarted Quicken and now I have it. Thanks for your help. I guess I was in the initial setup section where that feature was not available.
This discussion has been closed.