Memorized Split Transactions - Order Being Changed

This discussion was created from comments split from: Memorized split transactions reordered.

Comments

• PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    I have this same problem. I carefully set up the splits so that each item in the split is in the order I want. Then I memorized the transaction (not as percentages). Next time I use that memorized transaction, all of the split items are out of order again. When will this be fixed?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I have this same problem. I carefully set up the splits so that each item in the split is in the order I want. Then I memorized the transaction (not as percentages). Next time I use that memorized transaction, all of the split items are out of order again. When will this be fixed?
    Hello @PhotoCitizen

I am sorry to hear about this issue with splits. Thank you for taking the chance to bring this matter before the Quicken Community.

Do you notice this same behavior when you restore from a backup file? For reference, we recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. This is imperative in protecting data and can help in many other contexts, as well. Provided that this has done frequently, I recommend restoring from a backup just prior to when you noticed this issue by going to the same menu mentioned previously and selecting Restore a Backup File... I am curious to hear whether or not this behavior continues after a backup restoration.

I look forward to hearing any response you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • P. Maier
    P. Maier Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issue and it's annoying as can be.
    Having to work around it by doing a copy-paste of the last time I entered my paycheck and then changing the date. I've been using Quicken for decades, and it didn't used to be like this!
    Please fix this!!
  • AngieP
    AngieP Member
    I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. Paychecks always have a lot of line items. This is very frustrating. It rearranges them and deletes categories.
  • AngieP
    AngieP Member
    I have been having this problem for a couple of months now. Paychecks always have a lot of line items. This is very frustrating. It rearranges them and deletes categories.
  • AngieP
    AngieP Member
    I did make a Copy or Template, saved and then loaded the copy with no change.

(Apologies for double post above.)