My checking account shows as debit when I try setting up online service

Blank
Blank Member
I updated Quicken and now reconnecting my existing accounts. With one checking account, I have a problem: after connecting to the bank, Quicken "finds" this account as "credit card" and therefore offers to connect it only to credit accounts. It is similar to
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904620/debits-and-credits-are-reversed
- but no trick suggested there works for me. Likewise, I cannot install this account as "new" because it shows the current balance as credit (negative).
Previously, the account used to be connected to Quicken without this problem.

What should I do now?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What bank, as shown in Q at TOOLS, Account List in the Financial Institution column column across from your account?
    Also, what happened in the account to show a credit balance?  Extra/duplicate payments? Missing transactions?  When did you last reconcile the account to a paper statement?
    And, an update (program?  data?) of Q shouldn't require re-connecting your accounts.  Why/how did that happen?  If program, what BUILD of Q are you currently running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Blank
    Blank Member
    BMO, one of the listed fin. institutions.
    Q Deluxe, Version R33.7, Build 27.1.33.7.
    I used one-step update with my previous Q version (H&B 2017) until this functionality was terminated.
    Now, when I connect to BMO, it shows this account as "credit card" and includes the positive balance as credit debt.
    I cannot "connect to existing Q account" because the existing checking account does not show among suggested options (all credit accounts on file).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've asked that this thread be moved to to the Q Canada section of the forum.  Replies there will be more helpful
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    First you have to go to the wheel on the top right side when you are in the problem account, click account details, use Online Services Tab and Click deactivate. Then do the normal procedure, you will able to choose the deactivate account. Hope that help.
  • Blank
    Blank Member
    No connection to my case, sorry. I *cannot* connect the account existing in my Q file to the actual account in the bank. I.e. there's nothing to deactivate.
    If I "do the normal procedure," Q does not offer to link to the "deactivated account" because Q thinks that I am setting up connection with a credit card.
This discussion has been closed.