Printing (QWIN 2001)

Graylady
Graylady Member
I have Quicken 2001 Deluxe and it does not recognize my new printer and nothing happens when I click Printer Setup

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Graylady

Can you confirm that you are using Quicken 2001 (and not 2021)?

Also what printer are you trying to setup (manufacturer and type)?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Graylady
    Graylady Member
    Yes, using 2001
    HP Envy 4520
    Thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Graylady

Okay, since you are using an older version, I probably may not be able to help.  I do think that when you select "Printer Setup" you should be seeing two options - "For reports/graphs" and "For printing checks".  If you don't see those options, there could be a problem with your software.  You could try reinstalling it.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    Which Operating system are you running? Can you print from other applications?  There are some reports of difficulty in printing under Win11 to older printers.
    [Edit] I just looked up HP Envy 4520, and I see that it's wireless.  Are you trying to use a wireless connection, or wired?  Also stuck comment about older printers, as it doesn't seem to apply [/edit]
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Graylady
    Graylady Member
    Windows 10
    Yes, I can print from other applications
    I'm using a wired connection
    It printed to my old HP printer - but that died and when I got this one it wouldn't connect to it.
  • Graylady
    Graylady Member
    Yes, I get the two options - but when I click "For reports/graphs" nothing happens
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    When you click on "For reports/graphs" you're not seeing this?  Could it be hidden behind another window?

• Graylady
    Graylady Member
    No, I don't see that. And I've checked for other windows and can't see any.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Graylady,

I'd suggest that you try reinstalling the Quicken application.

Frankx

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @frankx, As she's running QWin 2001, it's possible that a re-install might not be possible. 
    However a reinstall of the current (or higher) Version MIGHT also help. http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2001-patches.html
    The link for R3 Deluxe is near the top of the page.  You can find your current version by doing HELP, About Quicken.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my go at it.  I'm actually surprised that the printing was working before.
    The first things to usually stops working for old versions of Quicken is the printer (because of changes in the way the printer drivers work) and the help (which requires a program that might not be on the new operating system).

My recommendation would be to upgrade to Quicken 2013 using this article (and stopping at Quicken 2013 which is free to use).
    Convert Data From an Earlier Version of Quicken (When to Use an Intermediate Version)

And for the latest patch for it:
    Quicken 2013 Patches - QuicknPerlWiz
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Graylady
    Graylady Member
    Thanks guys.
    I'm a senior who only uses it to keep track of my finances. I'm not in a position to spend $60+ a year for a new programme. I only need to print at tax time - I've been playing with it and can copy and paste from the register report to a word document, so I can live with that.
    But thanks for your help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The update to the 2013 version is free.  There are no subscription fees.
  • Graylady
    Graylady Member
    Thanks Chris - I'll look into the free upgrade to 2013 and the patch.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Profile says Canada. Free 2013 is US only, I think.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Profile says Canada. Free 2013 is US only, I think.
    Oops.  Sorry @Graylady, you will have to stay with your version.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I'm missed that she's running Q Cda, but posted in a Q US thread also.
This discussion has been closed.