Is there a Problem with American Express Credit Cards and Downloading Monthly Bills?

Recently I've been encountering that my AMEX credit card download access is locked and thus I can't download to my bills and income. I can get logged into the account, which reestablishes the connection, but then the bill won't download (get a message that the connection has been made but there it no bill right now, which is not the case).

I've deleted the online billing setup and the associated billing reminder, then reset up both but it's still not working.

Is there an on-going problem with AMEX that hasn't been resolved or is there something I need to do to reestablish the download?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BM749

There had been an on-going downloading problem with AMEX credit cards for several weeks but that was supposedly fixed recently - see this message THREAD.  If you are still having problems, I suggest that you get in touch with Quicken Support via this LINK.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• BM749
    BM749 Member ✭✭
    Frankx, thanks for the response. The link to the thread doesn't work and I can't seem to find it. Can you redo? Thanks much.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    BM749 said:
    Frankx, thanks for the response. The link to the thread doesn't work and I can't seem to find it. Can you redo? Thanks much.
    Hello @BM749,

I do apologize for any confusion that may have been experienced.

While I seem to be able to access the links provided @Frankx as normally, I will provide them for you again, just in case.

With respect to the now resolved alert regarding American Express credit cards, you can follow the link just beneath this line:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902340/new-11-24-21-american-express-ol-293-ol-294-and-ol-297/p1?new=1

With respect to contacting Quicken, you can do that via the information provided in the link below:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Let us know if links are continuing to prove inaccessible.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BM749
    BM749 Member ✭✭
    Hmmm, same problem. Get a message that I don't have permission. Tried to search by the date and american express that's in the link and just get sent back to my post. Thanks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    That thread is an "Archived Post" which is why Mods and SuperUsers can see it, but @BM749 can't.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    I have this problem with Amex continually. I have two accounts and many times one will work while the other simply fails to grab a new bill. Usually, it downloads the PDF image of the bill, but simply does not update in my billing list as to amount and date due. Then it will work for a while and stop again with no notice. One must keep track of what/when bills are due because you cannot depend on Quicken to keep you from paying late.
This discussion has been closed.