Quicken Account Currency changed with recent update. How can this be corrected?

OttCan27
OttCan27 Member
I update my quicken version ( quicken starter, Canadian R33.7) and for some reason, one of my bank accounts has switched from CAD to USD. Is there anyway to correct this?

Best Answer

Answers

  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 1
    Hello @OttCan27,

    Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that your currency has changed. 

    What is the Financial Institution with the account that changed? What is the Connection Method of this account? What type of account is this (checking, credit, investment)?

    I have located a Support Article that discusses how to change an existing account's currency status. You may follow this link here

    I hope this helps. 
    Please let me know how it goes. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭
    I'm having this exact same issue.

    This just noticed this today (April 1, 2022) when my Planning pages now show I am over budget in almost all of my categories. This was because a US exchange rate is now being applied. Everything was fine 2 days ago.

    The problem seems to be with the Express Update configurations - manual QFX processing is fine.

    Using some of the suggestions, I downloaded a QFX file and created a new account which I verified as being in Canadian Funds. I also confirmed the QFX file shows <CURDEF> is set to "CAD".

    However, as soon as I connected it to automatically download via Express, the "Canadian" funds switches to "US".

    How do I resolve this?
    4 of my 5 Scotia accounts have changed to US currency.
    This is extremely frustrating - trying to fix this has already taken 3 hours and I'm getting further and further corrupted because of inter-account transfers being duplicated or lost.

    Quicken has become very unstable since the last update.
    Lately, I've had issues with transactions not being updated on almost all of my accounts and needing to reset the account connections almost weekly (these include scotiabank, coast capital and RBC accounts). Although only the Scotia accounts have magically switched to US currency.

    Tony
  • OttCan27
    OttCan27 Member
    I did try all the same “fixes” as grimmt1957 but see the same issues. I too have Scotiabank accounts with this issue. None of my Simplii or MasterCard/Visa accounts are affected. But this issue has rendered Quicken basic useless. There is not even a master exchbGe I could set 1.0 so that currency would remain constant.
    Clearly this needs to be escalated to Quicken support but I cannot seems to actually reach them.
    Putting in a request online shows they will not reply but rather review the information for future versions.

    Does anyone in the community know how we can get this raised with support?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sadly, this is a longstanding problem that pops up occasionally, and it seems a significant amount of times recently, especially with Scotiabank. Please refer to this page for some possible solutions:

    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

    Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

    (Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭
    I'm thinking this is a new issue outside of the historical issues others have mentioned (going back to 2018).

    This latest issue only started mid to late March and seems to be only affecting ScotiaBank clients using Express Web Connect. From my testing, the problem appears to constrained to the Express Web Connect connection method.

    The Express Web Connect connection method works through the Quicken/Intuit backend. I believe this connection method is wholly in the Quicken/Intuit domain. i.e. ScotiaBank appears to be providing a correctly formed QFX file which works fine when imported manually.

    Quicken's Express Web Connect connection method is doing something funny when it translates/converts the information (its purpose is to add some performance enhancements over normal manual direct connections and performs aggregation of the account downloads).

    Since I have not updated my local copy of Quicken for a while now, I suspect the Quicken/Intuit software group has made a change to the Express Web Connect software on their side, behind the scenes, and that is causing the problem.

    The above is bit of a guess on my part...
This discussion has been closed.