Multiple monitors

I have been having a strange problem with quicken for a while. I have 3 monitors at my office, the laptop screen, another larger monitor and and old TV one of my customers was throwing away. When I bring laptop home, all my software, except quicken, recognizes that I now only have one. When I open quicken it always opens on a "ghost" monitor" that I can't see. I have trouble remembering to open it before I leave shop, and moving the window to laptop,, so it remembers that, but it should not be an issue. Do you think this is a windows issue, or a quicken issue?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2
    Hello @Texdawg,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue and I understand how frustrating that can be.

Unfortunately, this would be a PC problem which means that it is beyond our scope of expertise and therefore we cannot advise upon it. I suggest reaching out to Microsoft for more assistance. 

I will leave this thread open so that way other users can potentially be of assistance as this forum is primarily user-to-user based!

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 
    Have a great day!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Texdawg
    Texdawg Member
    If it were a PC problem, Quicken would not be the ONLY software with the issue. I will touch base with MS, but I bet they will refer me back to you.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Texdawg said:
    If it were a PC problem, Quicken would not be the ONLY software with the issue. I will touch base with MS, but I bet they will refer me back to you.
    This is a program problem, because Microsoft made it as such.

One would think that if a program goes to display a window on a monitor that doesn't exist Windows would detect that and put on one of the existing monitors.  This isn't the case.

It is up to the program to detect this (which BTW isn't easy to do) and push it to an existing monitor.

Quicken was created before multiple monitors were used, and they have changed it very little allow for the differences of using multiple monitors.  This is just one of many problems Quicken Windows has with multiple monitors.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.