Missing transactions

Julie A
Julie A Member ✭✭
I am using Quicken Starter Edition, Version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23 on Windows Home 10. I had an issue after an update and took me until late March to get it working. Now I am missing Transactions from 1/24/22 - 3/29/22. Missing meaning they never were downloaded. Is there a way I can get it to download them? Have they and I just can't see them, as in have to approve first.(I have that turned off for the approve before adding) I have done the update into my account and it is now adding them (as of March 29th) but not the missing from said dates.. HELP!! I don't want to have to do it by hand as there is A LOT of them and I love and have always used the update feature. Any suggestions?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Julie A  have you tried initiating a download from each of the websites?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Julie A
    Julie A Member ✭✭
    Not sure by what you mean from each of the websites? As in different banks? I only have one on quicken. It has 2 checking accounts, 2 savings accounts, a money market and Christmas club account. It has downloaded and all are correct except one of the checking accounts (my main one). The Christmas club is wrong too, but that is because the transactions aren't downloaded into the 1 checking account I'm having the issue with and it is a direct transfer from said checking into Christmas club. I've used Quicken for years and have had issues in the past but I've always been able to figure them out. This time, I'm clueless. I went into each checking account setting to verify they are all the same as in the check boxes etc, and I can't find anything different.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried going to the problem checking account register and selecting ⚙️ > Update Now in the upper right? If so, what happens?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 11 Pro version 21H2
  • Julie A
    Julie A Member ✭✭
    @GeoffG yes. It goes through the process and 7 accounts updated but it doesn't update that one.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Julie A,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are missing transactions. 

I suggest going to your Financial Institution's website and downloading a QFX file of the missing transactions and then importing it into Quicken. 

Here is a link to a Support Article that discusses QFX files. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Julie A
    Julie A Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine. I can't find a way to download anything other than the statement in a PDF file. I changed it to all files and named it with the .QFX file but it won't open or do anything.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Julie A,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize for any trouble you have experienced.
    Julie A said:
    @Quicken Jasmine. I can't find a way to download anything other than the statement in a PDF file. I changed it to all files and named it with the .QFX file but it won't open or do anything.
    Could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are attempting to download transitions from?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Julie A Changing that suffix doesn't change the layout of the file.  It's still a PDF ... and Q can't import PDF transaction files.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.