Still needing ACCURATE exports of associated exchange rates in investment transactions (Q Win Canada

Microfiche
Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
I asked this question twice before - but did not get any help.
Quicken H&B Canada - subscription

Will try asking it quarterly or annually as my tax reports come up.
and

You can NOT change the number of decimal places that will show in reports for exchange rates - it seems to have been hard coded for 2 decimal places for some bizarre reason.

The specific report I am trying to run and export is:
Reports => Investing => Investment Transactions
Where my investments are held in USD and I need an ACCURATE export of the associated exchange rates.

Printing out the exchange rates from currency list is useless as the rate can be overridden in a transaction (and in my case often is)

All I want to do it to check the exchange rates in my investment transactions by exporting them out somehow - but 2 decimal places is useless in forex.

Anyone?
Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I asked this question twice before - but did not get any help.
    Quicken H&B Canada - subscription

Will try asking it quarterly or annually as my tax reports come up.
    and

You can NOT change the number of decimal places that will show in reports for exchange rates - it seems to have been hard coded for 2 decimal places for some bizarre reason.

The specific report I am trying to run and export is:
    Reports => Investing => Investment Transactions
    Where my investments are held in USD and I need an ACCURATE export of the associated exchange rates.

Printing out the exchange rates from currency list is useless as the rate can be overridden in a transaction (and in my case often is)

All I want to do it to check the exchange rates in my investment transactions by exporting them out somehow - but 2 decimal places is useless in forex.

Anyone?
    Hello @Microfiche,        

I am sorry to hear about this issue with decimal rates preventing certain reports from running accurately. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in order to bring attention to this subject.

Unfortunately, there is not a method currently available for providing additional decimal data into the report entries. However, desired features, such as these, can be recommended via Idea posts. Once a user suggests an Idea to the Community, it is then voted on by the userbase. It is then submitted to the development team for further consideration, should it prove popular enough. You can submit Idea posts via the discussion category linked below:

https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.