Alert on start up for a bond I sold a long time ago

AllanP
AllanP Member ✭✭
Today upon starting up Quicken it alerted me that I have a bond maturing in June. While the maturity date is correct, I sold that investment in 2013. Why would Quicken alert me to something I no longer own? Is there some way to check what other investments I no longer own that will alert me in the future? And I assume the only way to get rid of that alert is to go into the Alert Centre and manually delete that alert?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Tell us more about that Sale transaction. A graphic of it would be especially helpful.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • AllanP
    AllanP Member ✭✭
    I used the Bonds Sold transaction type. See attached screen shot when I try to edit it. I remember putting in the maturity date when I bought it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    HMMM, your graphic seems to be correct.  And, I assume, the transaction in your investment register is otherwise correct.  So, your only options may be to delete the alert.  BUT, first I'd contact Q Support to see what ideas they might have. https://www.quicken.com/support#windows
    Scroll down to the "Contact Support" section to see your options.

• AllanP
    AllanP Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I will give support a try.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    With your permission, Q Support can share your screen (not touch anything, just see what you're doing) and perhaps dig deeper than this forum can.
This discussion has been closed.