OL-297 Error - TD Bank [Edited]

sbrady
sbrady Member ✭✭
I finally reported the discussion topic to Quicken after following all the recommended setting checks posted on their support site: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297 and waiting the recommended time for issues to clear on their own. Worked with Quicken support folks with no resolve except to escalate issue to Tier2 (as of this posting). Ticket numbers 9354576/9355502. Also contacted TD Bank who reports no server issues on their side. All other financial institutions configured download as expected. Any one else experiencing this?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • xcel
    xcel Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    My Win 7 issue with TD Bank has been solved! The short "fix" is to call Quicken Support 650-250-1900 and TALK to a representative. In my case, it was "Pete" in Guatemala. Very knowledgeable! The basic problem was that the selection for the financial institution was "TD Bank Online Banking-New". By changing it to "TD Bank Web Connect", the problem was solved. To do this, you have to go to Tools->Account List and "Edit" your TD accounts, one by one. Each account must be Deactivated then re-activated by choosing "TD Bank Web Connect". Prior to this, I went to File->Validate and Repair File and did the validation. There were a few other minor things that Pete had me do, but basically I believe the problem was solved by changing the online contact info to "TD Bank Web Connect". I have been testing this out for several days and it works perfectly. I hope that those having TD Bank issues can find this information useful.

Answers

• Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭
    Yes, for days to no avail! :( :s
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. I tried to disconnect and reconnect TD Bank as well and I get the OL-297-A error when trying to reconnect to them. No other downloading issues with other banks, credit cards, etc.
  • fswif
    fswif Member
    I have the same response to the problem with Windows 7 and Quicken support. One curiosity however. The TD download works on Windows 10 with exactly the same settings as in Windows 7. I suspect that the last update changed something which works for "10" but not for "7".
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    Interesting insights. Hope they can come up with a solution. What are you doing as a workaround? Manually updating? On a previous chat with Quicken the Tier 1 support agent indicated there are workarounds but Tier 2 support would provide that info. Going to try to reach out again to speak with support folks again today. Will update if anything helpful.
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    Apparently it is my operating system, Windows 7. They dont support it anymore. Only Windows 8, 10 and 11. They told me I was 'lucky' that it was working with other institutions. Very frustrating!!
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    I am using Windows 8.1 on my machine and I am experiencing the same problen.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 5
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we ask that you please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

However, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • warrenjr527
    warrenjr527 Member ✭✭
    Since approximately April 1, 2022 I have been unable to connect to and download my account information from TD Bank. Instead of connection I see ERROR CODE OL297-A. Unable to establish an internet connection.
    When reconciling these two accounts, I get an erroneous message that there are no unreconciled transactions.
    **I have no issues with any other financial institution. Nothing has changed with my computer or connection on my end**
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭
    edited April 5
    If they are no longer supporting Windows 7, why do they supply Updates which in turn they don't support if they generate errors when Quicken updates with our banks?
    Either the Quicken Org should not supply updates to Win 7 users and/or notify said users of implications.
    [Removed - Speculation]
  • warrenjr527
    warrenjr527 Member ✭✭
    edited April 5
    Exactly Charlie236. I am not in the position to replace my computer at this time. If they are not supporting windows 7 they need to send out a fix removing the updates that are causing the problem. [Removed - Speculation]
    I am not having this issue with any other financial institution via Quicken, just TD Bank.
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭
    > @warrenjr527 said:
    > Exactly Charlie236. I am not in the position to replace my computer at this time. If they are not supporting windows 7 they need to send out a fix removing the updates that are causing the problem. My experience with quicken is that they do a poor job testing updates before sending them out.
    > I am not having this issue with any other financial institution via Quicken, just TD Bank.

@warrenjr527,
    Agree: the fix should allow us to: 1) go back as you stated and 2) prevent future non-applicable updates.
    If you upgrade, you need one that can support Windows 11. Add cost of Win11 license to a Win11 compatible Desktop/laptop - how about length of time to learn all about Win11...
    Personally, I dislike that MS controls the software/updates; too many war stories on Win10 updates, downtime, etc.
    Because I prefer to keep my data locally and not in the Cloud, choices are limited.
    Wish Quicken provided an alternative to Windows & Mobile; perhaps a Linux version - it's been requested for years.
    How often are we forced to upgrade hardware and software on MS' cycle just to run Quicken?
    Guess I've joined the Luddites. ;)
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭
    edited April 5
    @warrenjr527, Agree!!!
    Think of cost of upgrading, now need pc/laptop for Win11 and a Win11 license: Costs; plus, how much time to retrain.
    Will Win11 updates fail as frequently as Win10; so much downtime.
    Hate that MS wants so much control of my machine & software.
    I want my financial data locally not on Cloud.
    Wish there was a Quicken equivalent for Linux -I'd happily dump Windows and suffer learning Linux to keep control over data and hardware/software.
  • truckrep
    truckrep Member
    Not able to get account updates from TD. Using windows 10 and not getting any error messages, just not getting any new transactions when updating.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    Any updates from the Quicken support folks?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    I have a call-back appointment for April 11 (almost 10 days after initial report), but I expect them to say sorry you're on Windows 7 - maybe they will help me back out the update? Has anyone on Windows 8, 10 or 11 reported the issue to them?
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    QUICKEN SUPPORT - what is the latest on this issue? It has been going on for over 10 days now and is really an inconvenience who use TD Bank as a primary bank.
  • Quicken Anja
    QUICKEN SUPPORT - what is the latest on this issue? It has been going on for over 10 days now and is really an inconvenience who use TD Bank as a primary bank.
    Any and all available updates will be posted in the Alert mentioned in my previous response. Unfortunately, we do not have any further information available beyond what has already been posted and will be posted going forward in the Alert.

-Quicken Anja
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    There is no progress updates being added to the alert. Why can't Quicken give some updates there and an ETA for resolution of the issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 13
    There is no progress updates being added to the alert. Why can't Quicken give some updates there and an ETA for resolution of the issue?
    To clarify; Community Alerts are updated as more information is received and available to share. If no further information has been received, then the Alerts are updated weekly to reiterate that the issue is still ongoing and being worked on. The Alert for this issue was posted on 4/7/22 so unless more info is received at some point today, it is not due for another update until tomorrow. We have not received any additional information on this issue so far.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    I spoke with a Manager, Jose, at Quicken support on 11 April after getting no progress or workaround from Tier 1 nor Tier 2 agents even after providing 3 sets of logs. Jose indicated they are aware of the issue, it is in the hands of s/w developers. The Tier1/2 folks should have been aware of this he said, but I explained they did not share that information. There is, however, no ETA for correction. Jose said he would make an exception for me (we'll see) and contact me when there is an update on the situation. Not holding my breath.
  • johneff
    johneff Member
    I'm having the same problem with TD Bank here too. Someone mentioned that the problem doesn't happen in Windows 10. I'm using Windows 7 so I would be interest to know if this is true.
  • Baron Rose
    Baron Rose Member
    I have been having this exact issue, fake internet connection error for the past week and only since the most recent update. This only is a problem with my TD Bank accounts. Every other online update continues to work as it always has. This is a Quicken problem, as going to direct to TD Bank there are no problems. Is there a work around, while we wait for Quicken to acknowledge and fix what they broke?

I did not see a way to download transactions from the TD Bank site to then import into Quicken.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    If you login to the TD Bank site then click on your account so you can see your recent transactions there is then an EXPORT button you can use to download recent transactions in OFX format. Once downloaded you can double click the file to import into Quicken. This is what I am doing until the problem is fixed.
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that work around. I plan to try it as it sounds like it might be awhile.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    Quicken - This issue has been ongoing for weeks now. Still no solution has been offered. I think Quicken should extend subscriptions for anyone effected once the issue is resolved as Quicken is fairly useless with my primary bank (TD Bank) not usuable.
  • xcel
    xcel Member ✭✭
    This OL-297 issue with TD Bank has been ongoing with me for several months. Why is there no solution? I also believe that Quicken should extend subscriptions for me and anyone else until the issue is resolved. Every other account works but not TD Bank! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE SUPPORT FOR A PRODUCT THAT REQUIRES A SUBSCRIPTION TO "WORK". QUICKEN, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    Since I am paying for this service and am unable to use it, will Quicken be providing a (prorated?) refund? I am totally disappointed in their response or lack there of. Quicken: At what point are you in resolving this issue? Identifying the issue, code development, testing, waiting for next update for implementation? Give us some tangible updates, please!?!
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    Still no solution from Quicken and no details of progress of resolving the issue. Honestly, this lack of resolution/support is pretty poor in my opinion.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭
    Post was made to the other thread (status from Quicken) indicating the issue has been resolved. I just tried and it DID NOT fix the problem for me.