Quicken Premier

Last month told me unable to pay an AT&T Citi bill so I made a direct bank payment. Then Quicken processed the payment it told me it couldn't make. This month I used check pay for a payment and it told me I was using a duplicate check number with no means to change it. [Removed - Speculation]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    DJMooty said:
    Last month told me unable to pay an AT&T Citi bill so I made a direct bank payment. Then Quicken processed the payment it told me it couldn't make. This month I used check pay for a payment and it told me I was using a duplicate check number with no means to change it. [Removed - Speculation]
    Hello @DJMooty

I am sorry to hear about this issue with payments. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community for discussion and assistance.

I have a couple of questions regarding the issue. Were you making use of AT&T's direct connect bank payment option last month, and the payment was processed, despite an error message? I just want to make sure I was clear on the details of that case. Next, when you say there were 'no means to change' the check number to avoid duplication, do you mean that the register would not allow editing of the CheckPay transaction?

Try going into Edit > Preferences in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to the Notify menu option in the left-hand panel of the window that appears. Is the box next to 'Warn if a check number is re-used' checked off? Try to see if you can now enter a check as normal if you 'uncheck' the box.

Ultimately, the check should not be bouncing as a result of a duplicate check number, but it sounds as though the check payment is not accepted by Quicken due to this message, is that correct?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.