Reports and graphs center will not run reports?

DJOC
DJOC Member ✭✭
Neither my saved reports or standard quicken reports will run / launch when I click on 'show reports.' My saved reports have been customized over many years for tax return mapping and none of these reports will launch.

Within account registers and a selected category, the report icon also does not work.

I reinstalled the software to try and cure of myriad of other problems but it did not work, and I was otherwise current on releases.

Please advise on the fix for this issue.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hold down the CTRL and Shift keys from the start of the Validate process until you see the words "SuperValidating".
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ DJOC

I know you aid you are current on releases but can you tell us which version and build of Quicken you are running?  Also when did this problem start, and was it right after a recent update?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @DJOC In my "Reports & Graphs Center", both my saved reports and Q's canned reports work as expected.  SO, have you tried a file Validation and SuperValidation?
  • DJOC
    DJOC Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA . . . I have not tried a SuperValidation; how do you do that?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hold down the CTRL and Shift keys from the start of the Validate process until you see the words "SuperValidating".
  • DJOC
    DJOC Member ✭✭
    @ Frankx. . . here is my Quicken version / build in the attachment.

I have been having various problems with functionality and damaged data for the last several release updates; it is difficult to say after which update the problem first occurred, but I just noticed the reports issue. I have been following advice to run validations and restore backups but that has not yet been effective. A significant number of my bill and income reminders with and without splits continue to be damaged when they are entered. I am not sure if the reports issue is related.

Thank you
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    DJOC said:
    @ Frankx. . . here is my Quicken version / build in the attachment.

I have been having various problems with functionality and damaged data for the last several release updates; it is difficult to say after which update the problem first occurred, but I just noticed the reports issue. I have been following advice to run validations and restore backups but that has not yet been effective. A significant number of my bill and income reminders with and without splits continue to be damaged when they are entered. I am not sure if the reports issue is related.

Thank you
    Hello @DJOC,      

I am sorry to hear about these ongoing issues with bill and income reminders. Thank you for continuing to work with us on these problems.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, do you know where your program was installed on your computer (i.e. what folder)?

I look forward to hearing from you further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DJOC
    DJOC Member ✭✭
    My data file is located on my C: drive in a manual Quicken folder I created which also organizes my backup library. The program files are installed in the Program Files (x86) folder on my C: drive, and those have not been moved after installation.

Thanks
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    DJOC said:
    My data file is located on my C: drive in a manual Quicken folder I created which also organizes my backup library. The program files are installed in the Program Files (x86) folder on my C: drive, and those have not been moved after installation.

Thanks
    @DJOC,   

I see. Thank you for getting back in contact with us and for providing the answer to that question. I am sorry if the problem remains unresolved.

Were you able to attempt the SuperValidation recommended earlier by @NotACPA?  If so, I am curious to hear the results about this. I do have an additional suggestion if you are continuing to be affected by this issue.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saved reports created in older versions of Quicken may not carry forward correctly to the current version, due to changes made by the programmers.
    Some transaction based reports have a "Reset Columns" button in the Customize report dialog. After clicking that button check or uncheck the column selections for this report to delete unwanted columns.
    If that doesn't make the report work again, recreate the report from scratch from a standard report, customize it to your needs and save the report again, replacing the old saved report.
    Remember that a saved report only saves the customization settings made to the report. The data for the report is always taken from the active data file as it exists right now.
    If you must save a printed version of a customized report, to be able to show the report data as of the date you created the report (e.g., Transaction Detail report for last year), print the report on paper or save it as a PDF file.
This discussion has been closed.