Chase account doesn't show "online" any longer

I have 5 accounts with Chase - Checking, Savings, 2 Credit Cards, and an IRA.
All were online and updating, but the IRA had problems. Reinvested dividends were downloaded as simple "deposit" transactions. Other issues with transaction types also occurred - but only with this one account.

I went to Account Details, the online services, reset the account - and it broke. This account is no longer online and now if I try to reactivate it it doesn't even show in the list of accounts that Quicken sees for me - only the other 4 accounts show.

As a long time Quicken user I can usually resolve issues, but this one is a doozy.
I am running Quicken Premier, Windows, Subscription - up to date.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks...

Answers

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For each of those accounts, what is shown in the "Transaction Download' column at TOOLS, Account List?
    Also, what SPECIFIC build of Q are you running and what's your "Membership Valid Until" date?  This info is at HELP, About Quicken.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Hi, thanks for the response.
    For the IRA it says "unavailable" the other 4 say "Yes; improve connection."
    I am on Version R39.23, build 27.1.29.23

    I have tried "improve connection" setup but I get sent to out of date Chase web pages and it doesn't recognize my Chase credentials.
  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Sorry typo: build is 27.1.39.23
  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Valid for 31 more days, I need to renew in May.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available at Chase and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of the account register and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Chase, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Chase, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

    You may need allow Quicken desktop access to your Chase account at https://secure07a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/securityCenter/overview/index

    Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.


  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Thanks for the info. I have tried to setup the Direct Connect, but I get errors and it doesn't work for Chase, though I have not tried re-adding all accounts. I fear that would be a nightmare of duplicate accounts and/or transactions. I may do a back-up and try it, just to see
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candide08 said:
    Thanks for the info. I have tried to setup the Direct Connect, but I get errors and it doesn't work for Chase, though I have not tried re-adding all accounts. I fear that would be a nightmare of duplicate accounts and/or transactions. I may do a back-up and try it, just to see
    You're not re-adding the accounts.  You're re-linking the accounts.  And, yes, you may have to delete a number of duplicate transactions when you first switch.  It's a one time occurrence and should be easy.

    Note: Quicken does not like us having the Direct Connect and Express Web Connect connection methods enabled at the same financial institution at the same time.

    You should always save a backup before making any significant changes to you Quicken file: press Ctrl + B
  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Ok, I did a backup and tried this. I disabled the 4 working accounts for Online access and went through adding them as described above. I could not get past the screen after where Direct Connect was selected, it kept rejecting my credentials, even though the exact same credentials work for the Express connect.

    I tried doing it again, with "I have a direct connect user name and password. Let me try again." checked.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candide08 said:
    Ok, I did a backup and tried this. I disabled the 4 working accounts for Online access and went through adding them as described above. I could not get past the screen after where Direct Connect was selected, it kept rejecting my credentials, even though the exact same credentials work for the Express connect.

    I tried doing it again, with "I have a direct connect user name and password. Let me try again." checked.

    Did you follow all of the instructions I provided earlier including enabling Quicken desktop access to your Chase account?


  • Candide08
    Candide08 Member
    Yes, but... The account was working until a couple days ago, now it appears Chase has revoked access, and wants to charge me to get it back? Download wrong transaction types, then when I do a reset cancel a working service, and then try to charge me to get what I already had???

    Chase wants me to pay $9.95 per month to "use desktop software" direct access on my accounts.
    I am discussing with Chase, when it's $0.0 I'll do it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candide08 said:
    Yes, but... The account was working until a couple days ago, now it appears Chase has revoked access, and wants to charge me to get it back? Download wrong transaction types, then when I do a reset cancel a working service, and then try to charge me to get what I already had???

    Chase wants me to pay $9.95 per month to "use desktop software" direct access on my accounts.
    I am discussing with Chase, when it's $0.0 I'll do it.
    My understanding is the Direct Connect access to Chase is free for non-business accounts. 
This discussion has been closed.