Why has Quicken Deluxe been erasing my reconciled payroll deposits?

This problem has been ongoing for months and it's been very difficult to characterize. Best as I can tell, random payroll deposits that I have previously entered (via Bill and Income Reminders) are suddenly gone when I return to the application. I believe they could all be reconciled transactions, but not sure. It's been absolutely maddening and I can't seem to easily find anyone else posting about the issue. Thanks for any help or advice.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    amitylyn said:
    Can you tell me if Quicken is addressing the issue?
    We have received several reports of this and those reports are forwarded each time to the proper channels for further investigation. However, an ETA on a solution is, unfortunately, unknown. If you wish to contribute to these investigations, you are welcome to do so by navigating to Help > Report a problem and submitting your log files. While you will not receive a response through this submission, the log files do aid open investigations on this.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @amitylyn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

If you haven't already, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring and turn off mobile sync to see if that may help prevent the issue from reoccurring. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • amitylyn
    amitylyn Member
    Thank you Anja. I'm afraid the issue goes back pretty far, so restoring a backup from that period would be a tremendous inconvenience to our family. Can you please tell me what you believe the root cause is? And would the proposed solution for that you described still work if I don't restore to the version prior to the issue? Thanks again.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 7
    Thank you for following up.

I believe the root of this issue may be caused by Cloud Syncing which is why I recommend turning that feature off. However, turning off Cloud Sync, unfortunately, does not repair any damage that has already been done. For that reason, I also recommended restoring the backup to avoid having to manually correct the damaged data.

I hope this provides some clarity! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • amitylyn
    amitylyn Member
    It does Anja, thank you. Can you tell me if Quicken is addressing the issue?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    amitylyn said:
    Can you tell me if Quicken is addressing the issue?
    We have received several reports of this and those reports are forwarded each time to the proper channels for further investigation. However, an ETA on a solution is, unfortunately, unknown. If you wish to contribute to these investigations, you are welcome to do so by navigating to Help > Report a problem and submitting your log files. While you will not receive a response through this submission, the log files do aid open investigations on this.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.