Date Column Not Working

Quicken is not automatically updating to the current date in an entry. How do I fix this. It just keeps the same date. I can change the date manually, but it used to automatically go to today's date. Not anymore.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    SBlack said:
    Quicken is not automatically updating to the current date in an entry. How do I fix this. It just keeps the same date. I can change the date manually, but it used to automatically go to today's date. Not anymore.
    Hello @SBlack

I am sorry to hear about this problem with date columns. Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter on the Quicken Community. 

Do you mean to say that all transactions have the same date unless edited? Also, is this affected all accounts? If so, I was wondering where you current active data file is located. You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    I suspect you're experiencing normal data entry behavior.  When we enter transactions, Quicken assumes the next transaction we enter will be on the same date as the previous transaction we entered.  This enables us to quickly enter transactions that are chronologically near each other.  In addition to + and - which increment and decrement the date by a day, there are a few other date field keyboard shortcuts you may want to become familiar with:

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If you exit Q, and come back another day, that DATE will  now show the new date ... not the date of your prior entry.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.