Penfed CC Not Updating

Is anyone's Penfed Credit Union credit card updating? Mine hasn't for the past two months.

My other Penfed accounts (Savings/Checkings) are updating - just credit card that's broken.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @qkn1,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I do apologize that you have been experiencing this issue for such an extended period of time. 

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. What is the Connection Method that you are using with your PenFed Credit Union account(s)? You can see the Connection Method by navigating to Tools in the upper-right corner > Account List > Edit > Online Services. Are you receiving any error messages or codes when attempting to do a One Step Update or when individually updating the PenFed Credit Union account(s)?

First, I suggest creating test file and adding the PenFed Credit Union account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine
  • qkn1
    qkn1 Member
    Still not working on a new test file.

All accounts are detected. Savings and checkings accounts download transactions.

BUT, credit card account only updates balance - it does NOT download transactions.

Version R39.23, Express Web Connect. No error codes. This all broke around the same time that PenFed updated the credit card interface on their website...
  • qkn1
    qkn1 Member
    Success! Transactions downloaded today for the first time in two months.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @qkn1,

Thank you for responding and for keeping us updated. 

I am happy to hear that you had success with downloading transactions and that you are no longer experiencing this error. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Have a great day!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • rnbaja
    rnbaja Member
    Is everyone else's broken again? Mine was doing exactly what the OP said. Then it started working magically around the same time as OP. Worked for maybe a week to 10 days and now not working again. Doing the same thing as before.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @rnbaja,

Thank you for joining this thread and letting us know that you are experiencing this issue. 

Do you receive any error codes or messages? What version of Quicken are you running? What is the connection method with your PenFed account(s)?

Could you please attempt to create a test file per the instructions that I posted earlier in this thread?

Looking forward to hearing your response.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭
    got broken for me as well
    no any error, just nothing in new transactions for a credit card
    started from May
    Best Regards
  • JimRodgers
    JimRodgers Member ✭✭
    > @qkn1 said:
    > Is anyone's Penfed Credit Union credit card updating? Mine hasn't for the past two months.
    >
    > My other Penfed accounts (Savings/Checkings) are updating - just credit card that's broken.

I'm experiencing a nearly identical account. My two savings accounts are updating perfectly, but my Access America Checking Account hasn't updated since November. (I just noticed because it's a little used account.)
  • JimRodgers
    JimRodgers Member ✭✭
    More on my previous comment/problem. I have tried every Add Account, Deactivation, Reactivation, and Reset combination I can think of. NONE WORKED. My Quicken Deluxe (Version R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21) still only recognizes the two Savings accounts and not the checking account. Quicken simply won't recognize the checking account.

Any advice from Community or Quicken Support?