Creating New Invoice Quantity Cannot Be Entered On The First Line

I created an invoice, created the product when I went to enter the quantity the quantity number in this case three on the first line would not take. Just kept going blank. I entered the same information on the second line and it worked like a charm. Is there a fix for this problem?

Answers

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi @StevenMac,

I am sorry for the trouble you are having entering the quantity number for your invoice and thank you for reaching out to Community for assistance.

I suggest checking out this thread, where a similar issue occurred. Please let me know if the issue persists so I can look into this further. Thank you. 

Quicken Janean
  • StevenMac
    StevenMac Member
    This does not explain the failure. I had the exact same problem as the user described. When entering into line one the quantity amount will not stay it goes away. Quicken needs to fix the trouble.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    StevenMac said:
    This does not explain the failure. I had the exact same problem as the user described. When entering into line one the quantity amount will not stay it goes away. Quicken needs to fix the trouble.
    Hello @StevenMac

I am sorry to hear about this continuing problem with invoice creation. Thank you for continuing to follow up with us about this issue.

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup in order to see if this behavior continues? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this is happening often, you should be able to restore from a backup just prior to when you first noticed this issue by going to the same menu and selecting Restore a Backup File...

I look forward to your reply, and hope to continue working with you on this issue in the future. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    StevenMac said:
    I created an invoice, created the product when I went to enter the quantity the quantity number in this case three on the first line would not take. Just kept going blank. I entered the same information on the second line and it worked like a charm. Is there a fix for this problem?
    For the first line item, did you select a specific predefined line item?
    If so, is "Subtotal ..." or "Percentage" checked in the item definition? An item definition with these functions enabled is not a regular data entry item. It is a calculated item which refers back to the line(s) preceding this line item.
    For example:
    when inserted as the last invoice line item creates a Subtotal line.
    Combined with a Discount item definition you could use it to give customers a -xx% percent discount on the entire invoice.

• StevenMac
    StevenMac Member
    Yes it is a predefined item and no subtotal and percentage are not checked. Using the same procedure the entering the same item in line 2 work fine. Then I can delete line 1 and everything is okay.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    StevenMac said:
    Yes it is a predefined item and no subtotal and percentage are not checked. Using the same procedure the entering the same item in line 2 work fine. Then I can delete line 1 and everything is okay.
    Weird. Can you show us both the Edit Item window for this line item and the Invoice data entry dialog with a bad line 1 and a good line 2?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.