Quicken keeps changing balances on bank accounts, credit cards and loans when syncing to cloud

I've had to stop syncing because it corrupts my desktop data (windows version). When will this be resolved, so I use quicken mobile and web app without corrupting my desktop data?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    carterrc said:
    I've had to stop syncing because it corrupts my desktop data (windows version). When will this be resolved, so I use quicken mobile and web app without corrupting my desktop data?
    Hello @carterrc

I am sorry to hear about these changes in balances during cloud syncs. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Additionally, how great are the discrepancies between your Quicken balances and your online banking balances? Do the changes seem random?

I hope to work with you on this in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The simple solution to your issue is to stop using QMobile/Q-Web.  It really doesn't work that well and just isn't worth the grief it causes.
    The only way I would use it is if I only connected a desktop Cash account for QMobile so that it could not get information from the financial institution via Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) and mess with my information in my downloaded Desktop accounts.
    The issue revolves around the fact that both your desktop and the QCA get downloads and tries to merge that data and doesn't get it correct.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • carterrc
    carterrc Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your responses--I have quit using QMobile/Q-Web and haven't had a corruption problems, yet. Hopefully, Quicken will get these issues resolved. It certainly reduces the functionality of Quicken, when QMobile/Q-Web are unreliable.