Fix The Archive Option

I do not need or want more than one year of data in a file. I am perfectly capable of pulling the same report from multiple individual files should I ever need them, which is not likely.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What do you believe is broken with the archive function?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    The last time I actually used the Archive function and archived data and started a new file was EOY 2005.  so my current working file starts with (excluding investment data) 1/1/2006.  haven't really felt the need to try to archive -- other than when I started having response issues which resolved when I bought a new iMac with a SSD.  I recall you could do a Yearly Archive or also set a specific cut-off date for the Archive / New file?

And after 16+ years, I actually have not had the need to look into that older archived data either.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You posted this in a Windows category, did you mean to or is this a Mac request?
    Quicken for Windows has a perfectly working Year End Copy if a user properly reconciles all of their accounts.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher, "Beijing Mac" is the userID, but his profile indicates that he's running QWin.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    I run Quicken Windows Business / Rental on an iMac, been doing that for about 15 years now.  I meant to post in Windows, no mistake on my part.  Thank you.  
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Then I stand by my second sentence in my earlier post: "Quicken for Windows has a perfectly working Year End Copy if a user properly reconciles all of their accounts."
    See this FAQ for help with YEC: FAQ - Year End Copy
    It has never failed for me in testing with my production data file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list