Customer Invoice Payments no longer accepts partial payments?

After the last update I went to apply payments to customer invoices, and it will no longer allow me to enter a partial payment? Is there a new process? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Andyg247 said:
    After the last update I went to apply payments to customer invoices, and it will no longer allow me to enter a partial payment? Is there a new process? Thanks.
    Hello @Andyg247,

Thank you for asking about the subject of creating partial payments in customer invoices.

What version of Quicken are you using? You can check this anytime by going to Help > About Quicken... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also note that you can peruse the article linked here for details about what features and changes were included in recent updates.

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Andyg247
    Andyg247 Member
    Currently I'm at 39.23 it doesn't give me an option to update to 40.13. I didn't see anything in 40.13 related to invoice payment spits.
  • Quicken Jared
    Andyg247 said:
    Currently I'm at 39.23 it doesn't give me an option to update to 40.13. I didn't see anything in 40.13 related to invoice payment spits.
    @Andyg247

Thank you for reaching out to me about this once more, and for providing some additional information. I apologize that this issue remains unclear for the moment.

Just for reference: in order to update your software - if you desire to do so - you would want to be sure to navigate to Help > Check for Updates... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

How often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going into the same menu mentioned previously and choosing File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Given that this has been done regularly, you should be able to restore from a recent backup - saved just prior to the emergence of this behavior - by going into File once more and selecting Restore a Backup File... I am curious to hear whether or not this behavior persists after a backup has been restored. 

I hope to hear from you again soon, if you should have the opportunity to speak with me once more about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Andyg247
    Andyg247 Member
    Couple things:
    When I go to check for updates it tells me 39.23 is the most current
    I restored to an earlier backup and still had the issue
    I deleted Quicken, reinstalled, updated, restored from a backup and still cannot enter a partial payment...
  • Andyg247
    Andyg247 Member
    Just to clarify the issue, here is my process
    -Go into customer invoices
    -select customer payment from the dropdown
    -choose customer/account. date ect
    -when I click pay invoice and change the paid amount it accepts it until I click the next invoice to be paid
    from that customer. At that point the amount I entered in the payment column reverts back to the
    entire invoice amount.
  • Quicken Jared
    Andyg247 said:
    Couple things:
    When I go to check for updates it tells me 39.23 is the most current
    I restored to an earlier backup and still had the issue
    I deleted Quicken, reinstalled, updated, restored from a backup and still cannot enter a partial payment...
    Hello @Andyg247,    

Thank you for reaching out to me again about this issue. I apologize that this problem seems to be ongoing. 

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, save a backup, then try moving through the instructions below, in order:

Validate
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing more from you about this, and I hope to hear about your results once these steps have been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Andyg247
    Andyg247 Member
    No change with the validation, the data file is my users document folder. This isn't the first time I have had trouble with the quicken data file, I needed to restart it in 2021 for a different issue but the same result. Thinking it's time to move to quickbooks.
This discussion has been closed.