Sudden download of older transactions

minburn1
minburn1 Member ✭✭
Been using this software for maybe two decades now . . .

Recent download of transactions from my bank - only transactions since last download of about a week back, when Quicken opens and completes processing of the download, I'm faced with a listing of transactions going back 2 or 3 years.

What the [Edit-Language] is going on?

FYI, bank if CIBC and oddly enough my 'busy' chequing account wasn't affected, but my LOC and little used credit card accounts were affected. And for each of those, some of these transactions predate my original opening balance of the current accounts.

I'm lost. Every so many years, something like this happens with Quicken. At least not a badly damaging category change that occurred about 10 years back.

Thanks for any/all input into this.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @minburn1,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before the excess transactions were downloaded. You can follow this link here to a Support Article that discusses saving and restoring backups. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. After restoring from a backup, please reconnect your accounts and initiate a One Step Update to see if the same error occurs again. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.