I Have a Renter that rented from me house A and now he wants to rent house B, how do you enter that?

Gamal Mustafa
Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
I Have a Renter that rented from me house A and now he wants to rent house B, how do you enter that?

Can the same person rent two houses from you in quicken? Or do I have to setup two different renters?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the Rental property feature ... but I'm not aware of any reason why 1 person couldn't rent 2 properties. SO
    • Take a backup (just in case)
    • Try setting up the renter in House B and see what happens.
    The worst case scenario is that you'd have to restore from that backup.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    You can’t. Is a very poor design. I have been using quicken since 1993… 

Renter 1 cannot rent two house…. Even worse renter 1 cannot rent house A this year and then rent house B the next year….

and because name are unique you have to create a new renter and duplicate the info and put a 2 on the name to do that. 

The must frustrating thing is that You get to pay extra (over $100) for the rental edition, and that feature is was not thoroughly thought… 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18
    What is the EXACT error message that you're getting?  A picture would be helpful
    And, HBR is currently about $23 more than the Premier version (see "Buy Quicken", above), so where did you get your $100 figure?
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    There is no error. You just can do it. Not sure what picture will help you.
    Just try to have one person rent 2 different houses?

where do you put the start and end date of each individual lease? You can’t! Where do you put the deposit? You cant! 

Here is the current price; 

• Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    Btw: id did not meant you pay en extra $100…. I just meant to say you pay extra money, for a feature that is not fully developed. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Simplifi is a web only product.  HBR is a desktop only product.  Comparing them is oxymoronic.
    And, even your graphic only shows a $15.60 difference. So again, where did you come up with $100 which you stated in your message of 5:15am
    And, as previously stated I don't use the rental module ... so EXACTLY what happens.  HOW does Q refuse this action.
    And, why can you not simply use the renters middle initial for House B?
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    [Removed - Disruptive]

Yes. You can have Johny Smith 1 and Johny Smith 2.
    is a bad implementaron for a software that cost over $100 per year. 

I am sure you fell differently.

btw: I took a screenshot, not sure why you conclude I was compering simplifi with Quicken H&B. [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This post has deteriorated, become argumentative, and is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.