USAA Download Solution

Finally... an answer! USAA supports downloads, but required different credentials than your regular USAA login. Check this out!

The credentials that Quicken prompts you for will vary based on your software version and the type of account you want to download. With the recommended Direct Connect method in Quicken follows these steps:

You'll select "Get Access ID and PIN" and we'll direct you to usaa.com to log on.
USAA will provide a unique ID and PIN that you'll use only in Quicken.
To add your accounts in Quicken, you'll connect using these credentials.
If you forget your Access ID and PIN, you can get new ones at any time using the same process

Comments

• TeresaB
    TeresaB Member
    Use Direct Connect, not Quicken Connect
  • mikeh0917
    mikeh0917 Member ✭✭
    Already using Direct Connect and still have same issues noted in original post
  • Bill_65
    Bill_65 Member
    Same as above
  • rms98
    rms98 Member
    Same issue. Using Direct Connect with User ID and PIN. No transactions downloading since 4/10.
  • jungleman
    jungleman Member ✭✭
    this is not an answer have been using the direct connect method with unique user id and pin for a long time, something has changed since 11 April.
  • jungleman
    jungleman Member ✭✭
    Also Quicken downloads the new online balance but not the transactions that it is based on.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  •  Daddy
    Daddy Member
    I am using direct connect and it still does not download transactions!!!! I have been using USAA assigned pin and password which is different from account number! Has not worked since 4/10/2022. Come on Quicken, put some serious work into to this issue using competent senior I.S. staff. If they need a person using Quicken that's having this issue help out with resolution, at no charge, call me or email. Let's get this fixed!!!!
  • gegi
    gegi Member
    I agree with Daddy above...Someone at Quicken needs to take some serious action to get this resolved..been over a week and nothing has changed. Downloading information from other banks, etc is a prime feature of Quicken. Someone needs to talk to someone and get this fixed. Allowing something like this to continue for over a week is not acceptable. Please raise the priority of this issue. Thanks
  • KIrish
    KIrish Member
    I agree. The problem is serious. In addtiton I now have duplicate files with a "2" added to the account number. ??????
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member
    Quicken support, can you please give a status update on this issue?
  • dlemison
    dlemison Member
    Same issue. Using Direct Connect with User ID and PIN. No transactions downloading since 4/10.
  • dlemison
    dlemison Member
    Issue is not just USAA, i have same issue with all my accounts not downloading
  • artleach
    artleach Member
    Having the same issue as all the above. I've used Quicken for several decades now. In the last year, however, the quality of Quicken has deteriorated significantly. It now takes nearly a minute to just turn on. It moves my mouse constantly. When working in a list of transactions, it moves me to the top or botton whenever I enter something, forcing me to find where I was working all over again. The lack of downloading since ~ Apr 11 is typical of what I've experienced in the last year. I've told people for years that they should use Quicken. Now I wouldn't say that to anyone. The CEO's latest email telling me how great Quicken is these days is totally hypocritical. The problem with download needs to be fixed rapidly, but Quicken's overall program needs to be fixed so it's at least as good as it was about 10 years ago.
  • Patrick21401
    Patrick21401 Member
    Agree with diemisson and artleach posts above. Following installation of the most recent Quicken upgrade, transactions for all accounts stopped downloading with no error messages shown. I am using the Quicken for Windows subscription version. Download failure/unreliability renders Quicken useless. I have been a Quicken user since 1991. In addition to the current transactions download failure, Quicken often misidentifies the source of repetitive routine transactions. It ain't what it used to be!
  • jesy_yeates
    jesy_yeates Member ✭✭
    When will my credit card transaction start to download again. 11 days and counting.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    edited April 21
    Same problems downloading USAA credit card transactions as outlined above since 4/9/2022. I contacted USAA technical support and they issued another help ticket number. They blamed the issue on a recent change with Quicken. This issue needs to be resolved.
  • 3baumans
    3baumans Member ✭✭
    Since 4/10, my checking and savings transactions are downloading from USAA but my credit card accounts are not. Using direct connect, Quicken Premier for Mac (Version 6.6.2 (Build 606.43218.100)).
  • 3baumans
    3baumans Member ✭✭
    As of today, my USAA credit card transactions resumed downloading :) Don't know what changed, but the issue seems to be resolved for me.
  • radarchief75
    radarchief75 Member ✭✭
    Mine seems to resolved as well, but have a lot of transactions to figure out.
  • jungleman
    jungleman Member ✭✭
    I switched from direct connect to quicken connect and the Visa transactions are downloading now.
  • lorisha7
    lorisha7 Member
    My transactions stopped on 4/10, resumed and now have stopped again. Went through the basic troubleshooting recommendations, nothing working!
  • Philip Wu
    Philip Wu Member ✭✭
    Connecting to USAA seems to be an off and on affair. Today it's off again for my four USAA accounts (two checking, one savings, and one credit card).
  • aikoaiko3
    aikoaiko3 Member
    On or after April 26, one USAA credit card stopped downloading, while two checking accounts and one credit card continues to download. Upon deactivating and attempting to re-add, Quicken can see all other accounts, but not this one credit card. USAA confirmed that the account is fine, no changes, no reason that it shouldn't be seen in Quicken.

Yes, an on again, off again affair with USAA and Quicken.
  • rswenzel
    rswenzel Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Quicken stopped downloading credit card transactions earlier this month, and for a few days, it seemed the issue was resolved. The issue reappeared, so I attempted to de-activate/re-activate the credit card account. When I tried to re-activate the credit card, Quicken displays both of my checking accounts, but does not display the credit card account. I attempted to add a new account from USAA, but the credit card is still not recognized by Quicken. I attempted to report the issue to Quicken, but that report is being rejected for some reason.
  • jungleman
    jungleman Member ✭✭
    I switched from direct connect from USAA to Quicken connect downloads and they have worked fine the last 10 days
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    @jungleman (1) are you using Quicken Connect successfully for USAA for checking or credit cards or both? (2) what credentials did you use for Quicken Connect for USAA? (The special Access ID and PIN they give for Direct Connect or USAA ID and normal PIN?)

Anyone else been successful changing from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect since the downloads failed again a few days ago?  I'm getting Download Error (2003) Account Not Found when of course no accounts have changed in years.
    -Jay
  • jungleman
    jungleman Member ✭✭
    Normal web sign in info for access. I only have a Visa card with them
  • Drax97
    Drax97 Member
    USAA VISA Direct Connect did start working again but just stopped again in the past two days.
  • rtd3
    rtd3 Member ✭✭
    This has not been working for me since 04/23/22. What is going on?