Cannot Connect with Quicken to PNC Bank

I have several accounts that I use with Quicken. I had changed the password of a non PNC Bank Account and forgot to change it in Quicken. I attempted to download my transactions from all banks and it asked me whether I have changed the password of this particular non PNC bank. I changed it and tried to download all transactions from all banks but got a message that PNC Bank requires to change the pin number. Did it about 5 times and the same issue came up. I was able to sign in on a regular browser but not through Quicken. No issues with the other banks. Just PNC. Yes, I ensured that my PNC user id and password are correct in Quicken. Please help.

Comments

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    wrichiez said:
    I have several accounts that I use with Quicken. I had changed the password of a non PNC Bank Account and forgot to change it in Quicken. I attempted to download my transactions from all banks and it asked me whether I have changed the password of this particular non PNC bank. I changed it and tried to download all transactions from all banks but got a message that PNC Bank requires to change the pin number. Did it about 5 times and the same issue came up. I was able to sign in on a regular browser but not through Quicken. No issues with the other banks. Just PNC. Yes, I ensured that my PNC user id and password are correct in Quicken. Please help.
    Hello @wrichiez

    I am sorry to hear about these issues with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this problem.

    Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding PNC Bank and connectivity issues that is most likely related to your situation. You can follow the link provided here for additional details and any available updates.

    I hope this is helpful.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

    Note: PNC Bank - Direct Connect supports the Direct Connect connection method for free but you do need to request access from PNC:  sign in to the PNC's Online Banking web site and follow the instruction they provide on their Quicken Enrollment form.  (A path to the form is to select the My Accounts tab and More at the bottom of Account Services.  The form is toward the bottom of the Manage Accounts region.)

    After PNC provides the Direct Connect User ID and password, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with PNC Bank and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with PNC Bank and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., PNC Bank - Direct ConnectAdvanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

    Note:  When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.





  • dcwdcwdcw
    dcwdcwdcw Member ✭✭
    I have both Checking and Credit Card accounts with PNC. My Checking uses Direct Connect and is working. My Credit Card uses Express Web Connect and is not working. Can Credit Cards now use Express Web Connect?
  • dcwdcwdcw
    dcwdcwdcw Member ✭✭
    Correction... Can Credit Cards now use Direct Connect?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Financial Institution" column  across from your checking and card accounts.
    For each of those accounts, what's shown there?
    IF that column isn't present, click Options at the bottom of the Account List and add it to the display.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • dcwdcwdcw
    dcwdcwdcw Member ✭✭
    In response to NotACPA...
    Checking is PNC Bank - Direct Connect
    Credit Card is PNC Bank - Web Connect
  • iblvtoo
    iblvtoo Member
    i am experiencing the asme thing today. i went to direct connect and lost my credit cards. web connect wont connect getting a 502 erro. hoping its resolved tomorrow morning when i wake up
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
  • dcwdcwdcw
    dcwdcwdcw Member ✭✭
    PNC Web Connect is now working for me. I have no idea what was broken, or what was fixed.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still CC-501 for me.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
    If PNC Bank is not providing Direct Connect access to CD accounts, I suggest attempting to use the Web Connect connection method for the CD accounts.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Don Awalt said:
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
    If PNC Bank is not providing Direct Connect access to CD accounts, I suggest attempting to use the Web Connect connection method for the CD accounts.
    Except that Web Connect as Advanced option of Direct Connect does not work.

  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:
    Sherlock said:
    Don Awalt said:
    Also, @Sherlock said I should move my mom's account to Direct Connect - which I had to wait for a PIN. I got it, and her checking account is working with Quicken now. However, her CD is not seen in direct connect - it appears to only be accessible through Web Connect. So I am back to square 1, unless Quicken can make Web Connect with PNC work again, this solution is not complete.
    If PNC Bank is not providing Direct Connect access to CD accounts, I suggest attempting to use the Web Connect connection method for the CD accounts.
    Except that Web Connect as Advanced option of Direct Connect does not work.

    To attempt to use the Web Connect connection method for the CD accounts, you sign in to PNC Bank's web site, download the available transactions for each CD account and import the QFX file into Quicken.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    What is the Web Connect that it lets you select under Advanced?

  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:
    What is the Web Connect that it lets you select under Advanced?

    You appear to be confusing the Express Web Connect connection method with the Web Connect connection method.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank