PayPal - no transactions, missing credit card, has been going on for WEEKS [Edited]

Dave1234
Dave1234 Member ✭✭
I've seen a bunch of threads about this same issue. I've contacted both Quicken and PayPal support via phone and still have no resolution. I'm running QW R40.13.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that I was getting errors for my PayPal Cashback Mastercard. Both that card and my regular PayPal account were linked with the same connection (called "PayPal Credit Card" in Quicken).

I believe this started with some CC-something errors for my Mastercard first.

Lots of troubleshooting attempts were made - I've tried removing and re-adding the connections multiple times. I've tried a blank Quicken data file.

When establishing the connection to PayPal (or PayPal Credit Card, or a bunch of the other "PayPal" options), only my PayPal account is detected (the credit card is not). It says it's connecting, but at the conclusion, the "Added" window is blank, no transactions are downloaded, and my account balance is $0.00.

Over successive days, although my PayPal account is active and used, no transactions get downloaded to Quicken.

I called Quicken support, and spoke with someone who was sympathetic. I submitted my log files with "Report an Issue" in Quicken. The Quicken agent told me that there was nothing that Quicken could do, as Quicken does not report any errors. Quicken case number is 9417469

The Quicken agent said that my only recourse is to contact PayPal. Which frankly seems completely wrong, since PayPal is going to deny any responsibility for working with third-party products. I called PayPal anyway.

The first PayPal rep was, as expected, clueless; had never heard of Quicken, and offered to e-mail me a list of my transactions. I escalated my request, and eventually found someone who was similarly sympathetic but also unable to help, because, as expected, PayPal isn't responsible for third-party integrations. He did, however, suggest that I open a ticket with PayPal Merchant Technical Support, so I did - case number 10684987.

Of course, Quicken isn't a "Merchant" to PayPal, so I'm not sure if this effort will accomplish anything at all.

It's perhaps notable that there have been notable (and acknowledged in the press) updates to PayPal's website and particularly with features and functionality that is tied to the PayPal Cashback Mastercard. These changes were implemented in late March / early April - the exact same time that folks started reporting these problems. Coincidence? Maybe, but considering that Quicken's "Express Web Connect" essentially connects to the same webpages that end-users use with a browser, I strongly believe that this is not a casual coincidence.

QUICKEN REPS IN THIS FORUM - why aren't you escalating this? There are literally DOZENS of people in these forums reporting the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave1234,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Dave1234 said:
    QUICKEN REPS IN THIS FORUM - why aren't you escalating this? There are literally DOZENS of people in these forums reporting the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

As stated in the other threads; We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. If you have already done so, then there is no further action required from you.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in investigating the issue. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > As stated in the other threads; We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. If you have already done so, then there is no further action required from you.

This issue has existed for like three weeks. There's no indication of an "ongoing issue" in your announcements forum. I was on the phone with a rep trying to troubleshoot this and I did "Report a Problem" and the rep said that there were no errors shown in the log. I've done this multiple times.

I've contacted PayPal as I mentioned above, and exactly as expected, they said, "Sorry, we can't help. Talk to Quicken".

Is there even an actual ticket number?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Dave1234 No there is not currently a ticket number yet. For right now, it has been requested that problem reports be submitted so these issues can be investigated and volume can be accurately tracked.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    Logs sent. Same problems here.
  • pjusken2
    pjusken2 Member ✭✭
    May I suggest that Quicken call Paypal and figure it out please. Seems like Paypal's tech updates are the source of the problem.
  • Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭
    > @pjusken2 said:
    > May I suggest that Quicken call Paypal and figure it out please. Seems like Paypal's tech updates are the source of the problem.

I suggested EXACTLY THIS when on the phone with Quicken earlier this week. Surely, Quicken folks have ways to reach the correct people at financial institutions - something that we, as end users, cannot do.

Quicken's response: "We can't do that. You need to call PayPal." smh
  • pjusken2
    pjusken2 Member ✭✭
    It seems that the Paypal problem is now kind of resolved. Downloads began happening about 1-2 weeks ago. I still had issues with 2 of my Paypal accounts Online Balances not updating, rather they showed "$0". When the resolution occurred, the download financial institution got renamed to ZZZ - Paypal OLD.

So I decided to try to "update" the online link since ZZZ/OLD didn't seem to be the latest and greatest. I DEACTIVATED the online service. I then changed the Financial Institution to simply "Paypal" and I deleted the account number (which is the login email). I then went into the general Account Listing page and requested a NEW ACCOUNT. Selected Paypal. It then took me to Paypals Authorization page in a browser and I logged in. I switched back to Quicken and the New Account was "found". Instead of creating a new account, I linked it back to the existing account and all worked well.
    The connection method got updated from Express WebConnect to Express WebConnect+ and the online balance is now working.
    I then updated all of my PayPal accounts following the same process. All is well.