how do I permanently change the default currency from USD to Canadian?

Heather W
Heather W Member
I have been a user since 2009, living in Canada, registered with Quicken as a Canadian user, on a Canadian version, however, the reports are in USD and hence, mobile will not sync.

Answers

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 20
    Hi @Heather W, I am sorry for the trouble you have had with the currency showing in USD and thank you for reaching out to Community. 

Please follow these steps to change the currency in Quicken. 
    1. Choose Tools menu > Currency List
    2. Select the currency you want to use as your home currency.
    3. Click Home.
    4. Click OK to confirm that you want to change to a new home currency.
    Please let me know if this does not work or if you need further assistance. Thanks! 

Quicken Janean
  • Heather W
    Heather W Member
    When I click on Canadian, it shows an exchange rate beside it and there is no Home button
  • Heather W
    Heather W Member
    the US currency is showing 1.0...
    I can't change to Canadian or it will convert all the files by the exchange rate
    The only place I need it changed is in 'Reports'
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Canadian version doesn't have a "Home" button for the currency, as in you can't change the home currency.  It is a feature they never put into the Canadian version even though I have suggested it many times (the US version allows changing the Home currency).

It is assumed that the home currency is CAD.  Was this data file created in the US version of Quicken?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Heather W
    Heather W Member
    well that is what I am wondering back in 2009. All accounts and transactions are in Canadian, it is just the reports that default to USD...so I have to customize it every time I want to run a report.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well about the only way I know to fix this is load the data file up in a US version of Quicken and change the Home currency.  And then the Canadian version will have that set when opened.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.