Projected Balance does not match Account Balance

I recently started using an old bank account that I have had synced in quicken for years but it shows a negative 100k balance(as of today) while the account itself shows a positive 25k. when I hover over it it shows -125k in past due transactions. So I went into scheduled bills and saw that I did have a lot of overdue bills for one biller, I used the skip all over bills for that biller but the Projected balance shows the same -125k. I cleared the biller totally from the scheduled bills but still same result. I am hoping someone can guide me on how to get quicken to recognize the skipped transactions.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried deleting those bills, instead of skipping them?
    Take a backup before you try this.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ... may depend on your Quicken version (R xx.xx as shown in Help / About Quicken ...
    have you stopped and restarted Quicken since you skipped the overdue bills? (Stop Quicken, wait one minute, start Quicken)

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web? And do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

• DataFarmer
    DataFarmer Member
    I did restore a backup and tried deleting the scheduled transactions rather than skipping however it had no impact. Turns out the transactions had zero value anyway. So the problem remains that it shows a negative 125k balance on forecast. At this point it only impacts the forecast so I may just remove the account connection and set it up under new account name and move my schedule transactions to that account. Seems easiest since my last pack up is several months old. Lesson learned again.