Net Worth Report shows incorrect values on closed account with actual zero balance

I've noticed most of my closed accounts are showing incorrect balances, mostly negative balances in the net worth report. But when I look at the closed account they show zero balances. One account I looked into showed -$4478.92 in the report, zero when account viewed. I determined that negative amount was exactly equal to to total _intinc credited to that account. I have dozens of closed accounts that are affected.
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of known issues that may cause this problem. To troubleshoot, please go to Reports > Net Worth & Balances and open the Net Worth report.

1. Does this built-in report show the same problem?

2. If the problem is still present, click the gear at the top right of the report to customize it. Click on the Categories tab. Choose the second option, "Include only transactions with selected categories"
    Is the Show hidden categories box checked? If not, check it and scroll down to see if _IntInc is selected. If not select it. Click on OK to save the customization

3. Is the report OK now?

4. Go to Help > About Quicken. What version of Quicken are you running?

Please answer all my questions.

QWin Premier subscription
  • ramatuska
    ramatuska Member ✭✭
    1. Does this built-in report show the same problem? Yes, I am using the built-in "report my net worth"

2. If the problem is still present, click the gear at the top right of the report to customize it. Click on the Categories tab. Choose the second option, "Include only transactions with selected categories"
    Is the Show hidden categories box checked? If not, check it and scroll down to see if _IntInc is selected. If not select it. Click on OK to save the customization

I can eliminate the problem by not selecting closed accounts.

3. Is the report OK now? No

4. Go to Help > About Quicken. What version of Quicken are you running?
    R40.13

This still does not explain the difference between Net Worth as reported under the Accounts window vs Net Worth reported on the home screen or in "report my net worth" It is a major difference, not just a few dollars.
  • Jim_Harman
    Unfortunately there are several similar looking net worth reports which sometimes work differently. I was asking you to run the Net Worth report from the Reports menu as described above. Did you try that?

Another troubleshooting step is to look at the Account Balances report. Is that also incorrect?

How long has this problem been going on?
  • ramatuska
    ramatuska Member ✭✭
    Reports from the SQuicken Standard Reports page work correctly and show my true Net Worth. Problem has been going on for a very long time, I've just ignored it as I knew incorrect. I usually just look at bottom of Accounts screen.
  • Jim_Harman
    The standard reports working OK is a good sign, it means it is a reporting problem and not issues with your data.

Sometimes problems with the Net Worth on the Home tab can be resolved by clicking on the gear to customize the dashboard or view, turning off or removing the Net Worth panel, restarting Quicken, and turning the Net Worth back on.

Where do you go in Quicken to see the "report my net worth" that you mention above?