Continuing Problems with Edwards Jones Download Connection Errors - 504

Edwards Jones connections have been on and off for months. Still getting HTTP-504 error messages. Can someone at Quicken work with Edwards Jones on resolving this issue. Will work for a while and then not. Currently not working since 4/14/2022.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @scheming

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Edwards Jones account(s).

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• karen@
    karen@ Member ✭✭
    I constantly get the same error "HTTP-504 Error from Edward Jones" for two of my four Edward Jones accounts (all under the same web login+password). Sometimes if I disconnect all four accounts, and then reconnect one or two, I will see activity download to the register. But it is very hit and miss. Also noticed that when I do manage to get download results successfully, it's during odd hours of the night. That is, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will get the errors during normal daytime business hours. As of late however, even 1:00AM downloads fail due to this timeout error. Called Edward Jones a long time ago to complain about this and they said the 504 error is not one that Quicken has ever instructed them to handle. They suggested it was on the Quicken side. Quicken support please help... my outstanding transactions are adding up and I'm tired of disconnecting/reconnecting my accounts late at night in hopes I can slip through the 30second timeout window. FWIW - I am running Quicken Deluxe V6.6.2 on MacOS 12.2.1
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    karen@ said:
    I constantly get the same error "HTTP-504 Error from Edward Jones" for two of my four Edward Jones accounts (all under the same web login+password). Sometimes if I disconnect all four accounts, and then reconnect one or two, I will see activity download to the register. But it is very hit and miss. Also noticed that when I do manage to get download results successfully, it's during odd hours of the night. That is, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will get the errors during normal daytime business hours. As of late however, even 1:00AM downloads fail due to this timeout error. Called Edward Jones a long time ago to complain about this and they said the 504 error is not one that Quicken has ever instructed them to handle. They suggested it was on the Quicken side. Quicken support please help... my outstanding transactions are adding up and I'm tired of disconnecting/reconnecting my accounts late at night in hopes I can slip through the 30second timeout window. FWIW - I am running Quicken Deluxe V6.6.2 on MacOS 12.2.1
    Hello @karen@

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the HTTP-504 error and difficulties with account downloads. Thank you for seeking assistance and information here in this Quicken Community discussion.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Edward Jones and account connection issues that is likely relevant to your situation. You can view the thread linked here for any additional details and any possible updates.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Curt L
    Curt L Member ✭✭
    The alert shows as closed as of 4/26.

Is this a Jones or Quicken connection issue? I keep getting "cannot connect with Edward Jones, try again". Only got it to work once when I initially dowloaded, and then it only worked on 7 of my 10 accounts.

If this is an issue on the Jones side, let me know if I can assist. I retired in January from Edward Jones and was part of their Online Access team.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @Curt L,

Thank you for updating us and for letting us know that you are still experiencing this error. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• karen@
    karen@ Member ✭✭
    I moved forward to Quicken Version 6.7.0. Still getting HTTP-504 error messages as I described in earlier posts. The Account Status window shows "Connection Status: (green dot) Quicken can connect to the internet". But the four EdJones accounts have the Download Error(504).
  • David Rohrer
    David Rohrer Member ✭✭
    I am again receiving the same error (504). The last time this occurred in April I went to Edward Jones Tech Support for assistance -- they could find no issues and implied it was a Quicken issue. After 9 days, and with no visible action by Quicken, my downloads restarted. Fast forward to 19 May... same issue. It may be a coincidence that I just updated Quicken 6.7.1. How about some help from Quicken on this recurring issue???
This discussion has been closed.