Missing downloaded transactions

Davedanna2
Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
Cannot reset account or update via web connect - message is I need to accept 66 downloaded transactions first. Cannot find anywhere. Account summary indicates no downloaded transactions on file..... issue going on for several months. Cannot find a go around.
User of Quicken for 25+ years. Now on "starter edition" due to price increases.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Davedanna2,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest navigating to Online Services > check and click "Automatic Entry is.." (if this is off, then you will need to switch it to on) then you may proceed with attempting to reset or deactivate the account. After this is successful, you may go and turn Automatic Entry off again. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Have tried all of the above multiple times including deactivate, reconcile, etc..... still need to accept 66 transactions that cannot be found.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Maybe reinstall Quicken... now Starter Edition build R29-23
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put this question in the investing category.  If these are investing transactions that you downloaded while on another version but never accepted and now you are on Starter you probably cannot accept them because Starter doesn't do investment accounts.   Just my guess...
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe reinstall Quicken... now Starter Edition build R29-23
    Did you mean R39.23? Or R29.22?  It's not apparent that an R29.23 was ever released.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Did reinstall Quicken.... yes R39.23 Still same problem.... cannot access web connect for 1 Schwab account... other Schwab accounts do work. Says I need to accept 66 downloaded transactions.... which I cannot find. Subject account says no downloaded transactions available.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Was not an investment transactions.... just a cash account that worked until 11/2021.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Also did the file validate process....
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Was not an investment transactions.... just a cash account that worked until 11/2021.

What TYPE of "cash account"?  Because you can't download into an "Account type: Cash" account, as there's no Financial Institution to download from.  Do TOOLS, Account List and click EDIT adjacent to the account name to see the "Account Type". 
    And, was 11/2021 when you converted to Starter?
    And are you sure that you're running Starter.  Because that product has NO ability to download investment accounts.  Please do HELP, About Quicken to confirm your product.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    It is a checking account type. Converted to Starter early last year 2021 when Quicken was shutting off the web connect function without an update. Choose starter because it included the web connect function and I did not use the other upgraded features. Yes, I am running the "starter" version. It works and has worked with a number of other accounts.... including others in Schwab. Please note the prior notes regarding "needing to accept downloaded transactions" which cannot be found......

Thank you
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    BUT was this previously a "Linked Checking Account" tied to your brokerage account in your prior, higher level, version of Q?
    If so, it's still technically a brokerage account because Schwab, as a brokerage,  can't legally offer a true checking account.
    Starter has many, but far from all, of the features of the higher level products.   Click "Buy Quicken" at either the very top or bottom of this page to be taken to the  "Product Comparison".   Starter explicitly,  doesn't support investment type accounts.
    Also, should your subscription to Starter ever expire, the entire product will become Read-Only, no input whatsoever ... even manual.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Yes, it is a linked checking account to my Schwab investment accounts. Maybe you should advise Schwab of it' s legal posture.

I am sure my subscription to Starter will expire one of these days. Thanks a lot for my 25 years of using Q.... and Turbo Tax...

I perceive that Q cannot fix my need to "accept 66 downloaded transactions" (which cannot be located). Too complicated for a technical programmer (or programming dept) to resolve? An "excellent" customer service posture for Q.

Also, I did look at the product comparisons as you suggested, silly me, I believe the 'starter version" indicates that a customer can download ALL transactions..... or am I not reading those words correctly?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    "Maybe you should advise Schwab of it' s legal posture."  Schwab isn't offering a true checking account.  It's offering a MMF that acts like a checking account,  but there's legal differences.  And, higher level QWin products allow you to "Show cash in a Checking account" which really doesn't exist.
    "I believe the 'starter version" indicates that a customer can download ALL transactions..... or am I not reading those words correctly? "  That's under the "Manage Savings and spending" header. If you click on the Investments header/dropdown, you'll see that under Starter, it's completely blank.

• Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    So you cannot solve the "accept 66 downloaded transactions" problem?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    It's not solvable by ANYONE for as long as you continue to use Starter.
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Naughty me for trying to save a few bucks in retirement... and not reading the fine print.
    Is there a $$ amount for upgrading?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24
    The upgrade charge is the difference between the current price for Starter and the price of  version that you upgrade to.
    You can compare the products at that "Buy Quicken" link to decide what you want ... but Deluxe will meet your stated requirement.
    Contact Q Support to get that upgrade pricing. No website will have it available.

• Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    OK.... I compiled and bought Quicken Deluxe.... installed, etc.
    Still cannot resolve the Schwab account which indicates I have 66 un accepted transactions... therefore cannot deactivate, or update.
    Suggestions??
  • Davedanna2
    Davedanna2 Member ✭✭
    Is someone monitoring this...??
    Please respond.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Davedanna2,

Thank you for updating us. 

Since you have upgraded your subscription, have you been able to attempt the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier in the thread? 

If not, here they are again so you may attempt them. Navigate to Online Services > check and click "Automatic Entry is.." (if this is off, then you will need to switch it to on) > then you may proceed with attempting to reset or deactivate the account. After this is successful, you may go and turn Automatic Entry off again. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine