Credit Scores are off due to incorrect balances

It seems that other people are having similar issue with the Credit Score showing high balances combining possible mortgage and credit card balances together. It is showing my credit usage very high due to this high amount. Did not know that my credit limit was that amount. Dropped my score 100 points. Have been having several issues recently with reconciling accounts also. Amounts are off saying $0.00 dollars cleared when that is not correct amount. I have to go over a month back with a backup file to fix it and spending a lot of lost time to correct it. Starting to get thoughts on changing using another accounting software.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Edward_5 said:
    It seems that other people are having similar issue with the Credit Score showing high balances combining possible mortgage and credit card balances together. It is showing my credit usage very high due to this high amount. Did not know that my credit limit was that amount. Dropped my score 100 points. Have been having several issues recently with reconciling accounts also. Amounts are off saying $0.00 dollars cleared when that is not correct amount. I have to go over a month back with a backup file to fix it and spending a lot of lost time to correct it. Starting to get thoughts on changing using another accounting software.
    Hello @Edward_5

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online balances. Thank you for interacting with the Quicken Community about this problem.

I was somewhat unclear; are you noticing incorrect balances across multiple accounts associated with multiple financial institutions? Also,  are you noticing these inaccurate balances only in the Reconcile window, or in the account register as well?

For now, I recommend restoring from a backup to see if these issues continue in a restored data file. It is advised that you save backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen so that recent backups will be available to restore from when situations like this emerge. Provided that backups have been saved regularly, I advise restoring from a backup saved just prior to when you first noticed this issue by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the same menu mentioned previously.

I look forward to hearing your reply, and hope to work with you on this problem further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared