My Quicken has crashed

:s I use a very old version of Quicken: 2003-2007? I was writing checks this morning when the system stopped responding. Now I cannot get into Quicken at all. It won't even let me open an old backup file. It seems to think it is now Quicken 2010.
PLEASE help. If this cannot be corrected, I lose 20 years of files.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25
    Try to start Quicken without it opening one of your data files: Hold the CTRL key when you click the Quicken icon and continue holding it until Quicken starts. You then have the File and Help menu options. 
    Click Help / About Quicken to determine what version and release you really have installed.
    Are you using the US, Canadian or some other international version of Quicken?
    What Windows version are you using?
    Let us know version, release and country.
  • Sharon Bolles
    Sharon Bolles Unconfirmed, Member
    Version 2010 Deluxe, US
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for responding.
    Did you recently move Quicken to a new computer or reinstall Quicken? If you did move to anew computer, did you also correctly move the data files?
    First thing I'd try is to download and install the Release R10 Mondo patch file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2010-patches.html to make sure you have all available bug fixes for Q 2010 installed on your system.
    Next try to start Quicken without it trying to open your data file.
    If Quicken starts without crashing it should give you a menu to select data file, restore from backup, etc.
    Select the data file you last used before things went haywire.

• Sharon Bolles
    Sharon Bolles Unconfirmed, Member
    Thank you.