R40.21 - Crashes after update to new release

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
Just updated to rels 40.21. OSU immediately crashed during first run. Ran OSU again, it completed. Updating Bank of America to send new bills, crashed again. That's 2 crashes within 5 minutes after updating to new release, which ironically has this as being fixed; "Issues related to crashes".
QHB&RP
Windows 10 PRO 21H2 current on updates. 

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

In the meantime (after submitting a problem report), you can also try reverting back to a previous update release (R40.13) through this support article and see if this will stop the crashing.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues and I truly do understand how frustrating that could be. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like every time I report an issue about crashing, I get the same response. Yes, I have uninstalled/reinstalled MANY times. Obviously, the changes made for the latest release, 40.21, have contributed to, not resolved frequent crashes. I am going to fall back to the previous release if I can't get a resolution.
    Is anyone else experiencing increased crashes since updating to 40.21?
  • GMJR
    GMJR Member
    I've been having this recur since Jan 2022.
    1. When I shut down for the day and turn on my laptop and start Quicken the next day...I go to the update and immediately have it terminate the Quicken program with it going to the "Quicken Crash Report" and downloading the problem.
    2. I, next, download the latest Mondo patch (now R40.21) and execute the Mondo patch, start the Quicken program and update without a problem.
    3. I finish my review of updated transactions and investments; then exit the program.
    4. I then restart the Quicken program (to check if the update features still works).....and when I update....it immediately "crashes" and goes to the Quicken Crash Report.
    5. This is somewhat tedious ....to have continually go and download the Mondo Patch ...everytime I need to update my Quicken transactions. What am I doing wrong? Not even reloading the most current backup helps. It crashes with the backup ....and update?
  • irasend1
    irasend1 Member ✭✭
    The 40.21 update totally crashed my Quicken. I am now unable to open Quicken at all. When I took the update, the program ran fine once. However when I closed Quicken, I could no longer open it. The program tries to open, but then crashes with a Quicken crash report screen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken. Same thing happens. Runs only once. Tried validating the data file without any benefit. Luckily it still runs on my other computer which did not get the update. Not sure where to go from here.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just had another CRASH, this time preceded by a Runtime error (see attached).
  • irasend1
    irasend1 Member ✭✭
    The 40.21 update totally crashed my Quicken. I am now unable to open Quicken at all. When I took the update, the program ran fine once. However when I closed Quicken, I could no longer open it. The program tries to open, but then crashes with a Quicken crash report screen. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken with Mondo file. Same thing happens. Runs only once. Tried validating the data file without any benefit. Luckily it still runs on my other computer which did not get the update. Not sure where to go from here.
  • GMJR
    GMJR Member
    I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken, then the Mondo patch, it updates... I close the Quicken software. I then start Quicken and update...it crashes (closes) with the Quicken Crash Report. Total frustration.
  • SCMC
    SCMC Member
    Same here with the update. Need help to access again. Tried re-installing from Quicken On Line, it installed, wanted to start-up, but crashed again. Blank screen
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

In the meantime (after submitting a problem report), you can also try reverting back to a previous update release (R40.13) through this support article and see if this will stop the crashing.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another CRASH this time while accepting downloaded transactions into BofA register...
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW it crashed after accepting the transactions but while doing the automatic reconciliation. After starting Quicken again, the transactions show "C" so I had to reconcile them...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, it is not.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    40.21 is crashy.  Your telemetry must be reporting that.
  • lagunajim
    lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 13
    ..I figured out that I can essentially reproduce the crash.  When I view "Bills and Income", and then scroll it down - bang..  crash and asks me to report it.

I reverted to 40.13 by applying its mondo patch and no crashing.