R40.21 - no longer allows downloads - says membership expired, but valid to 2023

whodiini
whodiini Member ✭✭
I updated to the latest version. And now nothing but problems. Continually hangs. I always validate the data file after an update. This time when I try to update my account, I get an error: membership expired, please renew to perform requested action. When I hit the renew button, and I log into quicken, it says "You have an active membership that is valid until Jul x, 2023. Please come back later to renew.". So I no longer can download transactions in Quicken... What a mess! These updates are just constantly messing things up. Please clean up your QC on these updates!

Comments

• whodiini
    whodiini Member ✭✭
    Version is R40.21
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.  
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes 
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with the your Quicken ID
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member ✭✭
    I reset it, I wiped Quicken off my computer and reinstalled the prior version. Imported my backup, validated it, and tried again. After several tries it finally worked. But I still have the problem that after launching quicken and opening my data file, it hangs. As if it is trying to get to the quicken server but cannot connect, so it just hangs. I need to quit Quicken, reboot, relaunch and restore my prior file. Then it asks for me to log into the quicken server and then I have access to Quicken. The next time I launch quicken, it hangs again. This is such a pain. I have never had more Quicken issues in the 30 years of using Quicken than this past year. MY #1 wish is to get back the import and export capability of a text quicken file - the qif format. It was the only guaranteed way to fix corruption in a file by manually fixing it.