credit card downloads to Quicken show huge debt - when account is paid up?

I ran Quicken Premier's One Step Update. For my credit card account, it showed balance on 4/14/2022 to be a huge debt when the account was actually fully paid up. I tried running it 2 more times but it won't change that plus it won't download any transactions past 4/14/2022, yet the updates were done on 4/30/2022.

Why does Quicken show that I owe a huge amount when I'm fully paid up?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @PremierUser47,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Quicken. Which financial institution is this credit card with? What is the connection method with this financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. 

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran Quicken Premier's One Step Update. For my credit card account, it showed balance on 4/14/2022 to be a huge debt when the account was actually fully paid up. I tried running it 2 more times but it won't change that plus it won't download any transactions past 4/14/2022, yet the updates were done on 4/30/2022.

Why does Quicken show that I owe a huge amount when I'm fully paid up?
    What does that "huge amount" look like? A negative number, several thousand dollars? Or a poorly formatted number in the trillions, about the size of the US Federal Debt?

• PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Premier Version R39.23 Build 27.1.39.23
  • PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    The huge debt Quicken Premier shows for my credit card is a negative $26,540.28, yet my online bank credit card account shows I'm paid up to current pay date. Plus Quicken refuses to download any updates past 4/14/2022, yet there are a number of transactions including having paid current full balance up to 4/30/22.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2
    Hello @PremierUser47,

Thank you for your response and for explaining the situation in more detail. 

What financial institution is this account with? What is the connection method with this financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services. 

Looking forward to hearing your response so I may assist you towards a resolution. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    Financial institution is J.P. Morgan Chase, commonly known as Chase Bank. I opened the Account List window as you said to do. Pressing Edit , then choosing Online Services, I got a window showing the connection method is "Web Connect". Below it says "Your Financial Institution supports an improved connection method. Click here to find out more and get set up." But that doesn't explain why I show a huge credit card debt for my credit card account when the last update on 4/14/2022 that Quicken Premier would do, online to my bank it shows I'm paid up to current date. It seems obvious that Quicken Premier has a flaw or bug that doesn't allow it to properly calculate my current credit card balance. I will check out the link given to see what improved connection method it gets me.
  • PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    I used the link provided in Quicken Premier to get the improved connection method. It then was able to download all missing transactions for dates after 4/14/2022 to today's date, but the credit card balance remains showing a huge negative balance when in reality I'm fully paid up to today's date after making a payment for the current balance owed on it which was just a small amount. The flaw or bug in Quicken Premier remains, miscalculating my credit card account balance as a huge negative debt amount. How can that be fixed?
  • PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    I just checked for updates to Quicken Premier using the option for that in Help. It said I have the current version. If there's a fix for the credit card account balance miscalculation, it wasn't proved.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    PremierUser47 said:  If there's a fix for the credit card account balance miscalculation, it wasn't provided .
    Wow - really have some issues with using Quicken -
    - how to download the entire 2021 year of transactions
    - losing password vault info
    - and now missing transactions, huge balance, etc -
    BTW... there is no difference in the different versions,
    it's all the same software,
    just different features enabled according to your User ID - so you can drop the "Premiere" text.

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10