Quicken renewed - and now it starts & crashes

JEL
JEL Member
My Quicken subscription renewed today 05/02/2022 at 02:50AM and when I tried to launch Quicken at 07:30AM a pop up for Quicken Crash Report indicated Quicken unexpectedly quit the last it was run. I completed the report and sent it then tried to launch Quicken again but the same thing happened.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say it renewed, what actually happened?  Did you purchase a renewal at 2:50am?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • JEL
    JEL Member
    No. I've had the Quicken subscription since it changed to annual subscription. My subscription renewed by Quicken automatically at 02:50AM. I have attempted to start Quicken several times through the day with the same results. I am using the premium version on a dell studio xps with windows 11.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

Please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data