Quicken 2021 Crashing

Quicken crashes when started unless I hold Ctrl down. Have to manually select the file to run. Works OK then, but crashes again after doing a successful backup. Does anybody have any suggestions to fix this?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited May 4
    yoitsandy said:
    Quicken crashes when started unless I hold Ctrl down. Have to manually select the file to run. Works OK then, but crashes again after doing a successful backup. Does anybody have any suggestions to fix this?
    Hello @yoitsandy

I am sorry to hear about this issue with crashes. Thank you for inquiring about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

When did this issue begin? Also, Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken software? You can find instructions for the proper method of uninstallation in the Support Article linked here, and you can find a Support Article here regarding the best way to reinstall the software.

I look forward to your response, and I hope to work with you on this issue more, in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• yoitsandy
    yoitsandy Member
    Yes, I did try reinstalling following the support article a few times without success. I had the problem for a few months, including talking to a Quicken technical guy. The same program works fine with the same file on my old PC.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled?

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what version ...... Help --> About Quicken
    as it appears R40.xx might have some crashing issues

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭
    I have had the same issue with Quicken crashing when I start Quicken for the last 3 days.  I have run validation on my file and the last time no errors. If I logout of Windows and go back in no problem. I'm running version R40.21 with Windows 10.
  • EFKelm
    EFKelm Member
    Having the same issue with R40.21
    Is there a way to roll back this update?
  • Ken Derrenbacker
    Ken Derrenbacker Member ✭✭
    edited May 8
    I've had this happen to me 3 times in as many months. Applying the Mondo-Patch has repaired the problem each of these times. Quicken will then work for a few weeks and then something corrupts the install again. I've also noticed that after the Mondo Patch OSU stops working. I have to update each account using Ctrl-Alt-U. After a few days, OSU starts working again 🤔 . I'm running R40.21 Home & Business.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Krakat said:
    I have had the same issue with Quicken crashing when I start Quicken for the last 3 days.  I have run validation on my file and the last time no errors. If I logout of Windows and go back in no problem. I'm running version R40.21 with Windows 10.
    Hello @Krakat

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be affected by this issue as well. Thank you for communicating with us in this discussion about the situation you are experiencing.

Have you attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the software, as I had discussed in my previous comment? Also, have you confirmed whether or not Controlled Folder Access is enabled, per @Greg_the_Geek's earlier question?

I look forward to hearing back from you about what is happening.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared I'm using Norton 360 and I do not have Controlled Folder Access. No I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet.  I don't want to create more problems which the last time I did an uninstall and reinstall I had other issues which took a bit to correct.
  • EFKelm
    EFKelm Member
    Is this going to be fixed?