View - Projected Balances - missing gear (Q Win Canada, R 40.23)

arguejon
arguejon Member ✭✭
With the most recent update, the Projected Balances tile is now missing the gear so I cannot set the accounts that Quicken looks at for this information.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    arguejon said:
    With the most recent update, the Projected Balances tile is now missing the gear so I cannot set the accounts that Quicken looks at for this information.
    Hello @arguejon

I am sorry to hear about this problem with missing menu icons. Thank you for looking into this matter and requesting information on the Quicken Community.

What version of Quicken are you currently running? You can check this anytime by going to Help > About Quicken... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the same upper menu mentioned previously. 

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this in the future. 

Quicken Jared 
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    edited May 5
    I am running Quicken Home & Business, release R40.23, Build 27.1.40.23

[Removed Screenshot for Privacy]
  • Quicken Jared
    arguejon said:
    I am running Quicken Home & Business, release R40.23, Build 27.1.40.23

[Removed Screenshot for Privacy]
    @arguejon,   

Thank you for getting back to me with information about the release version you are currently running. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go through the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing more from you after you have attempted these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    No change
  • Quicken Jared
    arguejon said:
    No change
    Hello @arguejon

I am sorry that the issue remains, even after attempting those troubleshooting steps. Thank you for continuing to speak with me about this matter, and for providing updates about what is happening. 

Given that the icons are still missing after validation, you may save another backup and then attempt what is called a Super Validation. In order to do this, follow the steps provided below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If this problem with icons missing persists even after a Super Validation, you can also try copying the data file. However, note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect up all of your online accounts, online billers, and Quicken Bill Manager services. If you plan to use that copied file going forward as the new copy, know that copying data files also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If you still wish to proceed, go to File > Copy or Backup File... then select Create a copy or template. Next, select a location and your computer and a file name, then click on Save Copy. Select New Copy, then click OK

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    Completed Super Validation - no errors found - no change - still missing Gear icon so not possible to select accounts for the Projected Balance tile.

BTW I experience this same issue with a completely different quicken file (different set of accounts).

Also created a new copy of the file as per above instructions and no change.

I have tried adding/removing the Projected Balance tile and no change.
  • Quicken Jared
    arguejon said:
    Completed Super Validation - no errors found - no change - still missing Gear icon so not possible to select accounts for the Projected Balance tile.

BTW I experience this same issue with a completely different quicken file (different set of accounts).

Also created a new copy of the file as per above instructions and no change.

I have tried adding/removing the Projected Balance tile and no change.
    Hello @arguejon,       

I appreciate you following up with me and providing me with more information about what is happening in a testful; this is very helpful. I am sorry for any ongoing frustration this is causing.

Just so I am clear: was your original screenshot taken from the Home tab? Is that where you are noticing that this icon is missing? Also, does the gear at the very top of the screen - featured in your first screenshot - still display view modification options?

I hope to hear more from you soon.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    Yes, taken from the Home tab. Yes, View modification options are available.
    Attached updated shots
  • Quicken Jared
    arguejon said:
    Yes, taken from the Home tab. Yes, View modification options are available.
    Attached updated shots
    @arguejon

Thanks again for continuing to follow up with me, and for providing those helpful screenshots, as well. I appreciate your patience as we have been working on this issue.

Do you see these options available under the dropdown menus visible in the image above? If you don't see any of these options, or any filter settings at all, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the software. You can view the Support Article linked here for instructions on uninstallation, and you can consult the article provided here for instructions about reinstalling the software, as well.

I am eager to see any updates you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    No, I do not see any of the filtering settings as in the image above. I'll proceed to uninstall and reinstall the s/w
  • arguejon
    arguejon Member ✭✭
    I have completed the uninstall & reinstall as follows:

1) Uninstalled Quicken
    2) Rebooted the PC
    3) Installed Quicken
    4) Rebooted the PC
    5) Tried running Quicken - I see the splash screen but Quicken fails to start up. I do not see any error messages.

I have tried starting Quicken from the command line by going to the installation director and typing "qw" - same result. Quicken does not start up.

Any suggestions?
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    edited May 6
    I have the same problem with the Projected Balances not being able to select accounts and show data - for sure it broke with the last update (has always worked before) [Removed - Disruptive]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 6
    Hello @arguejon & @Axel,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the troubleshooting instructions previously provided by @Quicken Jared have failed to resolve this so far, then at this point we recommend that you please contact Quicken Support directly for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    edited May 6
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] - can we get an update please?
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    edited May 6
    Here's the answer from support - [Removed - Speculation]

" Since the last update for our Canadian customer we have been experiencing a lot of issues, we are still working on this, we don;t have any ETA yet"
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello again,

This issue has been confirmed internally as a bug in both versions R40.23 & R40.28. We have submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this. However, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Carwalker
    Carwalker Member
    Is there a way to roll back the version from the last update as an interim solution?
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    Yes you can uninstall and reinstall previous version - worked for me - please note the problem is still not fixed in R40.28