Q Win Canada R40.23 Update Issue

FoulkesM
FoulkesM Member
Have experienced exactly the same issue with TD EasyWeb. Would prefer a fix that didn't require uninstall.reinstall process.

Comments

• Arvy
    Arvy Member ✭✭
    If you want to keep quicken R40.23 installed as is until Quicken corrects the underlying issues, the menu item for File Import > Web Connect (.QFX) File works okay even though double-clicking the file itself doesn't. Otherwise, uninstall/re-install (i.e., reversion) appears to be the only solution.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5
  • Arvy
    Arvy Member ✭✭
    Hi Ps56k2. I replied to your similar comment in another thread. The R40.23 Canada release was announced on Tuesday, May 3rd at:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912901/windows-canada-r40-xx-release#latest

For some time after that announcement it was being offered and delivered to users of earlier versions, either upon clicking the Check for Updates menu item, or just as a "pop-up" update notice within the active Quicken application. More recently, it appears to have been withdrawn, or at least it is no longer available for those who have retained or reverted to the R33.7 release.
  • robbar
    robbar Member ✭✭
    >:) I use the Q Home and Business version from Canada. A few days ago it automatically installed R40.23 on me but when it asked me to sign in , it said my PW was wrong so I changed it but than it said my version date needed to be renewed which was true as it was renewing for May 3 2022 , This was May 2nd though. It gave me options and prices to renew so I picked my H & B version , gave my CC and then I found it asking Canada or USA , chose Canada and but ran as bank setup questions like in the USA. Lo and behold I had just created a new USA account version, On My 3rd the next day the Canadian site said thanks for your renewal as May 3rd. I called Quicken and they cancelled the USA charge with a refund and the account nut R40.23 for the next few days only showed the Account Summary as the USA version but brought down bank details and rates so I knew I was active.. Sent two problem reports with screens shots , not heard back.
    One of the group posted a download link to Canadian file download so I am now running with R33.7 Canada and it says no new updates exist , It shows my name and I am active for next 363 days but still takes me to cancelled USA account.
  • robbar
    robbar Member ✭✭
    > @Arvy said:
    > Hi Ps56k2. I replied to your similar comment in another thread. The R40.23 Canada release was announced on Tuesday, May 3rd at:
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912901/windows-canada-r40-xx-release#latest
    >
    > For some time after that announcement it was being offered and delivered to users of earlier versions, either upon clicking the Check for Updates menu item, or just as a "pop-up" update notice within the active Quicken application. More recently, it appears to have been withdrawn, or at least it is no longer available for those who have retained or reverted to the R33.7 release.

Part of th problem is Quicken forces the update on you ,, window pops and starts to renew
  • Arvy
    Arvy Member ✭✭
    > @robbar said: Part of th problem is Quicken forces the update on you ,, window pops and starts
    > to renew

The R40.28 "fix" announced here today shows up within the active Quicken application as a user controlled option that can be accepted or not as you choose. In my own case at least, the R40.28 option was made available only when I selected "One Step Update" or "Check for Updates" from the menu and then it offered a choice whether to update or not. Personally, having reverted from R40.23 to R33.7, I think I'll wait a while to see what, if any, issues show up here before trying any newer "fix".
  • Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭
    I skipped 40.23 and then tried to install R40.28 for quicken Canada. My mistake. My account is all screwed up now. My cloud service files are corrupted. I spent 2 1/2 hours with the Quicken support chat and they couldn't figure it out either. At one point, the support agent said it was probably because my internet was too slow. Hey, I live in Canada, probably a good 30 to 40% of the Canadian population has trouble getting decent internet speeds. Yesterday, Quicken was fine. Today it won't work. Anyone else having trouble with the latest update?