Is it possible to make a "manual bill" NOT auto-enter on a weekend?

I have the latest version of Quicken Premier for Windows. I set up a manual bill/paycheck and set the bill/paycheck to automatically enter on a specific day of the month. If that day of the month happens to fall on a weekend, Quicken will auto-enter it on that weekend day. However in reality, the bill/paycheck is being payed on the Friday before the weekend. I'm hoping there's a way we can set a manual bill to auto-enter on the Friday before the weekend if the "due day" falls on a weekend? Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time, it's not possible to set up a reminder frequency for "Monthly, on the last business day (work day) of the month". Sorry.
    When the same situation happens for one of my deposit reminders, I just need to remember to change the date of the transaction to Friday and to do so BEFORE I download transactions from the bank containing this deposit confirmation. That makes it possible for Quicken to correctly match the downloaded data to the already existing register transaction.
    There's a lengthy discussion about adding this and other scheduled reminder frequencies to Q Windows and Mac:
    Please feel free to read and comment.
  • YtsejaM
    YtsejaM Member ✭✭
    UKR: Thanks, but I feel I should clarify my question. Here's an example of what I'm looking for: Imagine I schedule a recurring bill/paycheck to occur on the 7th of every month, and set it to auto-enter. Quicken will auto-enter it on the 7th of the month even if that day is a Sunday. Meanwhile in the real world, the bill/paycheck really happened on the 5th of that month (because the 5th is the Friday before).

With that said, it appears that there currently is no way to do this. Maybe I'll create a feature request for this specific thing (the thread you provided was a catch-all-mish-mash of various scheduling requests for bill reminders).
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the combination of "auto-enter 0 days before due" and "use only business days"? That might work.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • YtsejaM
    YtsejaM Member ✭✭
    edited May 5
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > Have you tried the combination of "auto-enter 0 days before due" and "use only business days"? That might work.

Indeed, I have and you would think this does what it says... but it changes nothing about the date the bill auto-enters. I did run across this other thread that mentions that there may be a "bug" if the # of days is entered as zero. I might try to do what is suggested in this thread to work around this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891827/monthly-deposit-for-the-25th
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    YtsejaM said:
    it changes nothing about the date the bill auto-enters.
    Yeah, I realized later that would only affect the date the bill appears in the register, not the date of the bill itself. Sometimes manual correction is the only way to make something completely right in Quicken.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.