Imported transactions all being categorized as "Fees & Charges: Bank Fee"

Following latest Quicken update, when synching with bank account all incoming transactions are being Categorized as "Fees& CHarges: Bank Fee".
Payee's read as "Credit Card Debit" across the board. Basically all identifying info about the transaction is stripped and line item is simply "Credit Card Debit" "Fees & Charges: Bank Fee"

Please fix, it's made a huge mess of my registrar.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • burner89
    burner89 Member
    Thank you Sherlock, that is is a helpful link.
    Unfortunately what is supposed to happen isn't happening.

The link indicates "For transactions you download from your financial institution.......matched payees and split transactions are categorized as described in the above section on manual transaction entry.......
    When processing transactions that use Compare to Register (including those downloaded from a financial institution), Quicken checks for a category in the transaction during the Compare to Register process. If found, that category is put in the register."

Those matches aren't happening.
    Basically, the matches that used to happen before the update aren't being matched now.

I hope that makes more sense.
    Thank you .
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    burner89 said:
    Thank you Sherlock, that is is a helpful link.
    Unfortunately what is supposed to happen isn't happening.

The link indicates "For transactions you download from your financial institution.......matched payees and split transactions are categorized as described in the above section on manual transaction entry.......
    When processing transactions that use Compare to Register (including those downloaded from a financial institution), Quicken checks for a category in the transaction during the Compare to Register process. If found, that category is put in the register."

Those matches aren't happening.
    Basically, the matches that used to happen before the update aren't being matched now.

I hope that makes more sense.
    Thank you .
    The first step is to examine the Downloaded Payee and Downloaded Memo field of the impacted transactions.  These fields contain the text used by the Quicken's renaming rules to arrive at a new payee name.  If these fields are inappropriate, the issue could be specific to the financial institution and connection method. 

The next step should be to review the the renaming rules.  From your description, I suspect all the downloaded transactions are matching one bad rule for Credit Card Debit.  If so, I suggest you delete (or correct) this bad renaming rule.