Mobile sync deletes account-name categories from memorized payees

I've seen a number of discussions on this point before, but never a final resolution.

For several of my memorized payees, the category is an account name. I use these daily, and every day I have to edit the memorized payee list to re-enter the category. After a bit of experimentation, I found that the category field was being blanked out each time I did a cloud sync.

Categories that are traditional categories are not affected, and only about 80% of the categories that are account names are affected.

I have read older articles that said that just turning off cloud sync solves this problem - and that indeed does seem to stop it from happening. It would be nice to use the cloud sync feature though. I also tried the "lock" switch on the memorized payee - but still no luck.

Has anyone else managed to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Ken
Quicken user since 1996 (MS-DOS). When Quicken's head office was in Edmonton Alberta!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @wiensken,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Quicken Mobile Application. 

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine