TD Bank OL-297A Error Persists -Quicken is unable to establish an Internet Connection

When I loaded Quicken today, it went through an update and I assumed it was to fix the connection error. But alas, no joy as I am still getting an error when downloading transactions.

Comments

• sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    edited May 7
    Unable to use bill pay with TD Bank through Quicken since April. Quicken support ticket numbers: 9354576/9355502/9362288. Went through all the troubleshooting with each generated ticket number (Tier 1,2, and supervisor), to no avail. This is getting old. I was told yesterday by Quicken support supervisor, Marona, that TD Bank is not supporting Direct Connect anymore, but that is simply not true. TD Bank DOES continue to support Direct Connect. [Removed - Disruptive]  I am paying for a service that is of no value to me if I cant pay bills. Quicken, what is the plan here?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @johneff and @sbrady

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this error and I do understand how frustrating it can be. 

I have located a support article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with the OL-297-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Unfortunately, if these troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the error then you will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • sbrady
    sbrady Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, I have contact Quicken support at least three times and provided files. Ticket #'s: 9354576 (Tier 1), 9355502 (Tier 2), and 9362288 (Supervisor). Troubleshooting does not fix the issue.
    Johneff, If you are looking to just download transactions, Express Web Connect or Web Connect may solve your issue. If you want to pay bills through Quicken you must use Direct Connect (2-way communication). This is the functionality that has not been working since April 3.
  • johneff
    johneff Member
    Thanks for the info sbrady. I already knew about changing to web connect. Issue is everything was working fine until an update about a month or so ago. Even when you change the connection method as you have suggested, Quicken will post a comment next to TD Bank that says "Improve Connection". And of course, when you go through that procedure, you'll get a connection error. So from my perspective, Quicken is still broken and dropping back to a different method to connect is not a solution even if I don't want to use bill pay.
  • johneff
    johneff Member
    BTW: sbrady, I should have prefaced my comment by saying I really do appreciate your trying to help. Thanks!